Help to identify heath issue

Pedro

Hello everyone!

I've checking some of my Taiwan bee and found some odd looking ones and I need your help to identify the causes. I get some death's every now and then and the exoskeleton when these shrimps molt is usualy redish. Here are the pictures:

Picture 1- Right between the head and the first white stripe: 

2vbsmma.jpg

Picture 2 - That rust looking patch:

awdx4y.jpg

Picture 3 - The band in between the head and the abdomen:

2ues0us.jpg

Picture 4 - The black markings:

34rzm9u.jpg

My tank parameters last time were not that great:

Ph: 7.5

No2: 0 mg/L

No3: 0 mg/L

Gh: 5 °d

Kh: 3 °d

Thanks in advance! :)

well off the top of my head.. PH Is way to high.  TBs like their PH around 6.  Maybe the high ph is slowly killing them. 

Thanks for your help! The question is if the ph could be causing those markings. I've added some alder cones and leafs to the tank to lower the ph more naturally. 

The clear space is generally thought to be caused by too much protein causing too fast of growth.

The black on red is usually what is called "dragon."

I'll let someone else answer the rust.

Thanks for the info!! 

What are you feeding them? Adding anything to the tank?

I'm feeding a variety of foods from commercial food (Nettle sticks, Spirulina tabs, Pollen) and natural food that I have in my garden (beet leafs, lettuce and carrot). I'm adding from time to time some "Crusta Mineral" from Dennerle.

Some times my prl have reddish molts too, but I'm not sure why.

I would work on getting your ph down and kh 0-1. Are you using an active substrate?

Im using a fine layer of Shirakura Red Bee sand as substrate.

Any tips on how can I lower the Kh?

Could it be a bacterial infection of some sort?

Are you using tap water? Best way to lower kh is using ro water which has kh of 0. But you might also need to add more substrate so it can buffer better. Using all ro water and a reminerilzer is best with the shrimp you have. Even my neos don't like my tap water.

Doesn't really sound like a bacterial infection to me at this point, probably sometime off with the water they don't like.

Are you using tap water? Best way to lower kh is using ro water which has kh of 0. But you might also need to add more substrate so it can buffer better. Using all ro water and a reminerilzer is best with the shrimp you have. Even my neos don't like my tap water.

Doesn't really sound like a bacterial infection to me at this point, probably sometime off with the water they don't like.

Thanks for your advice. I'm using groundwater from my own water well (I've been using it for years now) my PRL seem totally fine. I'll try to get my hand on some RO water.

Thanks for your advice. I'm using groundwater from my own water well (I've been using it for years now) my PRL seem totally fine. I'll try to get my hand on some RO water.

My prl seem hardier then my Taiwan bees. Let us know how it goes.