BENIBACHI Japanese Black Bee shrimps (Canada Only)

jumpsmasher

Our first batch of Benibachi Japanese Bee Shrimps are here!

Benibachi Japanese Red and Black Bee  shrimp are known worldwide for their intense colour, bright white shade and all round stunning beauty. All our Benibachi shrimp are imported directly from the Benibachi breeding facility in Japan. 

Benibachi shrimps are available in 3 distinct patterns (Band / Hinomaru / Mosura) and 3 grade levels for each (Low / Mid / High).  There is also a 4th Mixed Band grade (mixture of low grade band / hinomaru shrimps)

Shrimps are generally sold as unsexed juvies (~ 1.5cm) .  Adult M/F pairs can able be special ordered from Benibachi (contact us for availability and pricing)

For our first order we decided to bring in some Hinomaru Mid Grade Black Bee shrimps. These are currently in quarantine and will be available shortly.

BENIBACHI Hinomaru Mid Grade Black Bee shrimps
$69 ea. / $59 ea. for 3 or more.

SKA-038663_zpstyidvrtv.jpg

th_SKA-038718_zpsz4mim9yn.jpg th_SKA-038717_zpsx7gdc2tl.jpg th_SKA-038713_zps1wxanyxx.jpg th_SKA-038699_zpssgmqtqdc.jpg  th_SKA-038696_zpsqwqtzi4p.jpg th_SKA-038695_zpsaxsogrvi.jpg

th_SKA-038662_zpsmxmi7ic0.jpg th_SKA-038647_zpshkfqlbnd.jpg th_SKA-038645_zpshuq1ioei.jpg th_SKA-038638_zpsao6xxzck.jpg th_SKA-038631_zpssp9p62iu.jpg th_SKA-038564_zpsnse3ouiw.jpg

th_SKA-038554_zpshhgfjz3a.jpg

Please note that prices are in Canadian dollars and I only ship livestock within Canada

Shipping is $25 for overnight express shipping to most city.  Free shipping on livestock orders over $200
Ships from Calgary, Alberta, CANADA

Very nice PBL! Let us know if you ever can ship to USA, I would certainly like some PBL of that grade.

Very nice PBL! Let us know if you ever can ship to USA, I would certainly like some PBL of that grade.

I would like some too if you decide to ship to US.

Thanks! Proud to bring some japanese bee shrimps back to Canada - took quite a bit of "negotiating" to be able to bring over! Shipping to the US is out of the question at the moment; just too much red tape to do it legally, and quite costly for the receiver too to get all the proper permits.  

Okay, I don't mean to step on anyone's political toes or anything, but this whole US / Canada thing really is annoying at times. Canada is just up the road, yet I can't bring a friend some shrimp or vice versa?.. annoying!

Okay, I don't mean to step on anyone's political toes or anything, but this whole US / Canada thing really is annoying at times. Canada is just up the road, yet I can't bring a friend some shrimp or vice versa?.. annoying!

ya Canada is pretty laxed when it comes to importing shrimps - no permits require. Less so for "common" aquarium fish like guppies and goldfish - go figure

you can bring them over the border to Canada but not sure how it is for entering the United States.  If it is just a small bag I don't think they really care at the border crossing but if it is the standard air freight it looks like you guys are quite strict for all aquatic animals.

This might be out of date but it s pretty good outline:

http://badmanstropicalfish.com/articles/article15.html

Might have something to do with our climate; most tropical fish or shrimps will not survive here in wild so that is a big consideration when it comes to controlled species.

Of course this refer to the legal importation process:  there are certainly not so legal ways of doing it... but as a business that import goods regularly, the last thing you want to do is get caught and get on their "blacklist"