EzShrimpin

airriick

• 3 weeks later...

Just a tiny review I'd like to keep in my journal.

OK! I got some shrimp from Joe during the black Friday sale..

This is my first time ordering from him..

The feels: I was pretty excited about this order. One of the more expensive ones.

Communications was OK.. Replies within 1-24 hours.

Was a bit skeptical about paying through Venmo, but I still received my package.

Packaging was pretty impressive.

b95f42522172732bf4a1359629d2fb38.jpg

Survived the wrath of my 1 year old daughter. Heh

Order

2 Red belly pinto

6 Black belly pinto

4 Black zebra pinto

82a2bde6ae0f103b920ef236d8df089f.jpg

So this was in the box also.. But I dont know what it is since its not labeled. I'm assuming it's shrimp food. (Free)

cfe94a29e9324e9bc35c6a4c553fbb2f.jpg

Conclusion..

I would rate this a 7

The packing was good everything arrived alive. I'm not sure if there is a grading for pintos yet but I'm assuming some of these are lower grade.. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. The zebras lines are not very clear and separated.. One of them looks like a hino tb lol.. The belly pintos.. Half look like spotted heads and half have the belly pinto mark. This was the best deal I have found on pinto shrimp.. So hopefully the babies will have better genes. :)

Would I buy it again? If it's around the same price range. I would stop by next time though (1.5 hr drive)

Will post more pictures later, they're still acclimating.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Just a tiny review I'd like to keep in my journal.

OK! I got some shrimp from Joe during the black Friday sale..

This is my first time ordering from him..

The feels: I was pretty excited about this order. One of the more expensive ones.

Communications was OK.. Replies within 1-24 hours.

Was a bit skeptical about paying through Venmo, but I still received my package.

Packaging was pretty impressive.

b95f42522172732bf4a1359629d2fb38.jpg

Survived the wrath of my 1 year old daughter. Heh

Order

2 Red belly pinto

6 Black belly pinto

4 Black zebra pinto

82a2bde6ae0f103b920ef236d8df089f.jpg

So this was in the box also.. But I dont know what it is since its not labeled. I'm assuming it's shrimp food. (Free)

cfe94a29e9324e9bc35c6a4c553fbb2f.jpg

Conclusion..

I would rate this a 7

The packing was good everything arrived alive. I'm not sure if there is a grading for pintos yet but I'm assuming some of these are lower grade.. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. The zebras lines are not very clear and separated.. One of them looks like a hino tb lol.. The belly pintos.. Half look like spotted heads and half have the belly pinto mark. This was the best deal I have found on pinto shrimp.. So hopefully the babies will have better genes. :)

Would I buy it again? If it's around the same price range. I would stop by next time though (1.5 hr drive)

Will post more pictures later, they're still acclimating.

I have placed several orders with Joe and he is one of the best at packaging.  I think at times he doesnt charge enough for shipping. I save his shipping boxes for the future. Those styrofoam boxes aren't cheap when it comes to shipping supplies.

I have placed several orders with Joe and he is one of the best at packaging. I think at times he doesnt charge enough for shipping. I save his shipping boxes for the future. Those styrofoam boxes aren't cheap when it comes to shipping supplies.

Ha I was thinking about doing the same thing with the shipping supplies. He should at least charge 5$ or offer a selection for shipping.

I think his shipping is expensive... But I think he includes his styrofoam price in it, for example 18 dollars for shipping to me other people as in other sellers in California or elsewhere have shipping charged around $12-$15 for shipping. So it would probably be the box as you guys said $5 dollars plus $13 for shipping which would make it $18 for USPS shipping. But the people who live in California might have a break and he won't charge for the box. About the shrimp, it's what TomCruise said, for this preorder stuff, he might keep all the good grades while he gives away the lower grades or not as good looking shrimp to the customers.

I think his shipping is expensive... But I think he includes his styrofoam price in it, for example 18 dollars for shipping to me other people as in other sellers in California or elsewhere have shipping charged around $12-$15 for shipping. So it would probably be the box as you guys said $5 dollars plus $13 for shipping which would make it $18 for USPS shipping. But the people who live in California might have a break and he won't charge for the box. About the shrimp, it's what TomCruise said, for this preorder stuff, he might keep all the good grades while he gives away the lower grades or not as good looking shrimp to the customers.

Ah I didn't see that it was 18 out of California. Yes I do believe Tom made a very good point, figured I'd take the risk hah. Which is why I would go in next time. The pinto I got from shrimpscale was exactly what I saw in the pictures. Too bad it can't always be like that.

Lol cell phone pics, yeah those edited pics are enjoyable but those are ones who are best selected for good liking for the photo, while the others are left out, joes has lots of shrimp and I want to see a real pic of what I'm getting and not what I'm not getting.

Lol cell phone pics, yeah those edited pics are enjoyable but those are ones who are best selected for good liking for the photo, while the others are left out, joes has lots of shrimp and I want to see a real pic of what I'm getting and not what I'm not getting.

I have a picture for you in a bit. It's unedited. Haha

Man i glad you posted a picture of that box. I'm planning on buying some TBs myself and was wondering why he charges so much for shipping, the standard seems to be $12 but his was like 20-26 which kinda offsetted his low prices. I was thinking he was doing ones of those "charge more for shipping to make up for low cost" deals but seeing that box it makes sense for the higher shipping cost.

Man i glad you posted a picture of that box. I'm planning on buying some TBs myself and was wondering why he charges so much for shipping, the standard seems to be $12 but his was like 20-26 which kinda offsetted his low prices. I was thinking he was doing ones of those "charge more for shipping to make up for low cost" deals but seeing that box it makes sense for the higher shipping cost.

a11764773b1f95e2a0098470bcb853c8.jpg

Here's the box picture. It also had those bubble wrap things ontop. Not sure if he uses heat packs for folks not in California. The water was super cold even with 1 day shipping.

Here are some cell phone pics of what I received. Sorry everything is mixed up. Most TB are from speedy. Bluebolts are from Shrimp Scales. Pintos from Joe.

Ok so the pintos. What I noticed was the black belly pintos have a tint of shadow with them.. (Not sure if any of you guys are trying to selective breed and not have that pigmentation) They also have spotted heads.. So I'm confused on what they are lol..

Anyhow here are some crappy pictures. Enjoy! Looks great on the phone, didn't know it would be this bad on the computer. Whoops

Overall experience.. I don't really mind that they're a bit different than what I expected.. With that being said I know there are a lot of people out there that do. 

Figured if you ordered x you would want x and not xy.. Close enough for me!

b236780ada2a8f8cd7fe8c4c2088fd66.jpg
571c7bab6c2e854f655a1f41d31622b0.jpg

So THIS one is my favorite of the entire batch. I've never seen anything so blue. The pictures doesn't do justice (Bad lighting, wood shadowing them) I'd assume this is a blue jelly pinto? Wish I had something better to take pictures with. Looks so nice next to the red tb.c3b8ea9920d03723503e1c88ef6af001.jpg
1bed1a8cf329097a2b1534f7840c0006.jpg
f82a9ba8fa0e1d86043e1e47e69e2b7e.jpg