High Quality of Snow White

I wish.  I had been looking for that quality for years and I finally gave up for the time being.  I wanted the same goal as you.

Don't give up ! You never know the worst case that i might go to Asia and looking for some hardcore breeder.

I actually wanted to go the opposite way and get ones that are that orangeish color.

I actually wanted to go the opposite way and get ones that are that orangeish color.

Are you talking of the Golden?

Why nor just breed the pigmentation out yourself?

Take a lot longer! To get the high quality of Snow white take many years of selective breeding just for color.

I thought about breeding SSS for complete white, but the problem is without genetic testing there is no way to tell the difference between snow white and SSSS

Many years back when i was in Japan searching for Koi, i saw them with the white that is pure and shiny and they call those "White bee"

Seen a pic or two of those selling for thousands of dollars.

Have you wonder why they are so expensive and we don't see too many available?

Definitely gorgeous, give it time, and we shall see more.

Yes, goldens and snow whites are the same mutation. I think the goldens also carry the red gene though but I am not sure.

Yes, goldens and snow whites are the same mutation. I think the goldens also carry the red gene though but I am not sure.

Yes, Goldens carry red gene and Whties  carry black.

bryce, as you have said before. there isno way to tell unless we do some more research on a genetic level. 

hungle. it may take more time to breed a line as solid as thaat, but the pay off in the end would feel so much better ;D

hungle. it may take more time to breed a line as solid as thaat, but the pay off in the end would feel so much better ;D

Totally agree with your philosophy but i also have other reason.

Soothing,

That is a lot for a shrimp , I draw the line at $500 per shrimp . I'm just kidding but like everything else in a few years the prices come down .  I remember when albino pythons came out  in the late 70's . They were $25,000 each and now you can find them in Flamingo park by the Everglades , lol.

I haven't been in the reptile game for awhile, but piebalds were $$$ when I was keeping an eye on them. heh

I agree price will come down, but the only time when America really gets new vars is when the prices come down elsewhere.  Then they ship them over here for higher prices, and we have to wait for the cost to come down here.

That is one pure white shrimp. Truly amazing.

So I'm a tad confused. Were talking about snows and goldens. And using the word mutation. So let's straighten this out a bit here. Mutation would mean that snows and goldens are tb. But there is speculation that there just white crystals. So are the tb or are they crystals.

Yea they'll be high until more have them available. Its amazing how in a year the price can drop out. Take bloody Mary's, they are expensive but,being neos they'll breed crazy and demand will drop and so will the prices.

-Chris

I remember when chocolates first came out.  Only fems were sold and for $100 ea.  Now they are usually around $4 ea. or less and both sexes.

I bought the first round of carbons for $15 ea, now they are less than $6 ea.

Bloody Mary were offered at $20 ea, now they are less than $6 ea.

Supply and demand.

---

"So I'm a tad confused. Were talking about snows and goldens. And using the word mutation. So let's straighten this out a bit here. Mutation would mean that snows and goldens are tb. But there is speculation that there just white crystals. So are the tb or are they crystals."

CWB (crystal white bees) come from TB, and *I think* have the name ghost KK as well.  Snows/goldens are from cbs/crs and are a different kind of shrimp.  Some people feel snows and goldens are a throwback to an earlier cross with tiger shrimp at some very early date in time.