TB terms

should pinto be in this thread or should we start one for just them? i dont know much about them but there are several patterns i think. are they Tb or are they a tiger cross?

I made a thread about them.

-Chris

• 2 weeks later...

[industry News]This is a new color of caridina sp. shrimp from Taiwan. The breeder call it as Yellow King King.

It crosses readily with caridina species like Taiwan Bee and crystal red shrimps.

Some maybe mistaken this as Yellow Cherry (neocaridina sp.) but this shrimps does not hybrid with Cherry.

Is this true at all?

https://www.facebook.com/silaneshrimp

My post is a quote from the page just so you guys know. Looks like I wrote it lol. I think it's bogus, talked to a breeder in Taiwan. He did show me a pinto that looked like a blue bolt with a black head. My paper work for my importers permit is done :o

-Chris

My paper work for my importers permit is done :o

-Chris

that's great, you should see if the guys at Jamesville will share his connections with you. he's told me he can get a larger variety of shrimp if he wanted to.

Have a gniess day. -Scott

ive seen who is selling them and i will stay clear. know several people got burned by him. there is a reason i will only deal with a couple people when it comes to shrimp and im the same way with fish. 

as it stands right now the most i have ever payed for a single shrimp is $30 and i dont plan on going past that. that was a huge strech for me and i have been saving since feb to get it. 

• 2 weeks later...

I figure I add my 2 cents. I know soothing mention about golden's used to remove the black from BKK. What I have been told is that golden's are great fOR bringing out the blue in BB, so in theory you can get higher grade by crossing golden x bb

Another thing I seen is that if you cross TB x CRS/CBS to get Mischlings you add the genes to the TB's. So even if you remove all the Mischlings and breed say a BKK x BKK you can get a Mischling from time to time. 

I don't want to take the time to find it. But I read somewhere on here that to get a stronger blue in bb you can use skeletons. Personally I would like to create a pumpkin shadow, or king.

Black body with orange instead of blue or white.

• 2 months later...

[industry News]This is a new color of caridina sp. shrimp from Taiwan. The breeder call it as Yellow King King.

It crosses readily with caridina species like Taiwan Bee and crystal red shrimps.

Some maybe mistaken this as Yellow Cherry (neocaridina sp.) but this shrimps does not hybrid with Cherry.

Is this true at all?

https://www.facebook.com/silaneshrimp

I have these in my tanks. They are a hybrid between Tangerine Tiger and King Kong.

Looks and characteristics all point to caridina serrata, they are basically a yellow tangerine tiger.

In the states you call them shadows if they have a blue tint and dragon if the reds have black patches?

That's correct.

This is really helpful for someone new to the hobby. Is there one for neos too? Perhaps I missed the post, I'll look! :)

I don't think there's one for Neos, but mostly because there aren't as many pattern variations as with the TBs, and they don't cross breed with the others (tigers, bees, etc).

Neo strains are normally named by color, and that's that, except for the rili variations, which are colored with clear stripes.

Color density of the exoskeleton (any color, but most commonly red) is sometimes indicated by low grade, sakura, fire, painted (in increasing order of density) and it can be subjective. (Although there are a couple good guides out there)

The biggest confusion comes if sellers/breeders are either renaming similar colors to sell better, or ended up breeding similar colors but from different genetics. (Look the same but aren't)