new USA based Shrimps and Plants Auction Group on Facebook

JamesHe

That group kicks you out.

I was in it watching for a good auction to bid on but then I was randomly removed out of the blue.

No, this is difference one.

I absolutely Hate Facebook!  Don't understand it at all....totally invasive. Once you join you are inundated with requests for friendship from people you don't even know, want to know, or have any interest in your hobbies at all, just want a way to get into your life.

• 1 month later...

I learned when I worked overseas for a time how facebook can be used and why to avoid it. But it is a bit frustrating at times since many young businesses have gone to using it.

I hate facebook. I'm probably missing some nice shrimp but I will just stick with doing business with the members and sponsors on this site :thumbsu:

• 2 weeks later...

I learned when I worked overseas for a time how facebook can be used and why to avoid it. But it is a bit frustrating at times since many young businesses have gone to using it.

Everyone is gone to it, and the group actually has awesome deals. I won blue dreams for 3$ a shrimp. You can make an account just for browsing the fish groups. We have one for our local aquarium society that we trade, buy local all the time.

I've worked in information security for 15 years, there's no harm in using it. They leave it up to you on how much you share and what you choose not to. There's risks in everything you do online, even being on this forum is no different than Facebook. The forum is alot less secure than a multi billion dollar site.

With all do respect sir, I would rather get my shrimp from here, ebay or Aquabid than there anytime & support folks here. There are legitimate legal/business reasons as to why I don't but others do & do so. In any case, the sites "likes" are useless & do not serve the buyers' interest in any way shape or form. Likewise, this is not an opinion but business fact. Moreover, tons of business that make a lot of money don't need to use that site for "buzz" because of two simple facts. They have a good business practice & distribute a great product that consumers want & consume. In any case, the cheap deals folks get cost a lot more than what they think but its their freedom of choice. In this awesome country, you have the freedom of choice... To work for money or work for free. To be a great person or a nasty one. To keep your online information private or give it away freely for others to exploit & sell in some manner.... Either way, it goes on & on... Much of this just depends on how much desperation along w/others factors influence the decision of the business owner or consumer navigating that particular decision...

Pen ultimately, sponsers should be here selling & why aren't you a supporter? You have posted here so many times that statistically alone you must have benefitted from here in some personal or business form....

No matter what happy holidays to you & I aint gonna facebook unless they pay me!

You mistaken my post for knocking the forum. Was in no way my intention, just pointing out that in today's world you need to be flexible especially businesses. I have been here with Soothing since day one, and used to have alot of RAOK not too long ago. All I was simply pointing out was there are other options out there.

The forum is alot less secure than a multi billion dollar site.

Although forum is a lot less secure, there aren't many that target forums.

How much people would target this forum?

How much people would target Facebook, Gmail, etc?

I've been hacked on gmail and facebook.

Gmail was the most disappointing.

I was hacked, changed password and hacked seconds later. That's right! SECONDS later. After recovering back getting hacked back and forth over 5 minutes of time, my account was permanently banned.

There is no way to contact gmail.

I had northon 360 at that time so there shouldn't be any keyloggers on my pc.

Scanned my pc and was clean.

Everyone is gone to it, and the group actually has awesome deals. I won blue dreams for 3$ a shrimp. You can make an account just for browsing the fish groups. We have one for our local aquarium society that we trade, buy local all the time.

I've worked in information security for 15 years, there's no harm in using it. They leave it up to you on how much you share and what you choose not to. There's risks in everything you do online, even being on this forum is no different than Facebook. The forum is alot less secure than a multi billion dollar site.

That is why I choose not to use Facebook. I'm just one of those people who doesnt like to do "what's In". Its like the same people in high school who were the "In Crowd" found a way to keep that going.

Breaking into an email can do a lot actually.

They can request password resets for things connected to your email.

So if your paypal is connected to your email, they will be able to get into your paypal.

The only reason that person broke into my email was to steal my very expensive gaming account which he did but I recovered it back eventually.