Sulawesi Shrimps!

Lexinverts

My yellow checks actually have done quite well. Have over a 100 of them. And drumroll.......I have successfully bred and maintain harlequins. Started with ten have around 40. Very bad mortality but progress. Another year or two and I'll have a good tank bred shrimp

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

My yellow checks actually have done quite well. Have over a 100 of them. And drumroll.......I have successfully bred and maintain harlequins. Started with ten have around 40. Very bad mortality but progress. Another year or two and I'll have a good tank bred shrimp

Do you ever have issues with those yellow spot bacterial infections on the yellow cheeks? You'll see them as large light spots on the side of their carapace or the end of their rostrum. They are supposedly pretty susceptible to that.

Congrats on keeping the Harlequins going for so long. That's fantastic. Supposedly, the Logemann's were able to do the same, but their colonies always fizzled out after a few generations. So, don't get complacent with your Harlequins! Keep up whatever you are doing.

Did you end up setting up a larger tank? Or are you still using the smaller one that you started out with? I recall that one had aragonite as substrate. I have stayed away from aragonite for fear of slow GH creep.

Thanks for the info!

AHHHHHH you guys are giving me sulawesi fever right now! I want to redo a bigger more efficient cardinal tank and if harlequins become available it will push me over the edge and I'll probably set up a the tank lol.

Sounds like your Harlequin pop might need to get some new blood into the gene pool? Or at least the stock that fizzled out might 

AHHHHHH you guys are giving me sulawesi fever right now! I want to redo a bigger more efficient cardinal tank and if harlequins become available it will push me over the edge and I'll probably set up a the tank lol.

Sounds like your Harlequin pop might need to get some new blood into the gene pool? Or at least the stock that fizzled out might 

What are you waiting for? I'm up to my ears in Cardinals. Please help me out! :thumbsu:

• 2 weeks later...

Do you ever have issues with those yellow spot bacterial infections on the yellow cheeks? You'll see them as large light spots on the side of their carapace or the end of their rostrum. They are supposedly pretty susceptible to that.

Congrats on keeping the Harlequins going for so long. That's fantastic. Supposedly, the Logemann's were able to do the same, but their colonies always fizzled out after a few generations. So, don't get complacent with your Harlequins! Keep up whatever you are doing.

Did you end up setting up a larger tank? Or are you still using the smaller one that you started out with? I recall that one had aragonite as substrate. I have stayed away from aragonite for fear of slow GH creep.

Thanks for the info!

Yea the harlequins are a pita, I actually don't do much other than very very small water changes. I've never noticed any bacterial infections. The yellow cheeks actually seem to breed faster than the Cardinals.

I never set up a large tank for the shrimp, had every intention but go a few different fish. Got into killis, plecos, rams lol. I keep a pretty diverse groups of things alot of shrimp but also a lot of fish.

Thanks for the info!

Also the aragonite and the LR been working pretty well. I'll probably hit you up for some cardinals soon to add some new blood. Maybe soon if we get decent weather.