Mail delivery to your house may end

Soothing Shrimp

The only reason I like them coming to my door is to pick up outgoing packages.  The problem is they leave those outgoing packages about half the time. 

The only reason I like them coming to my door is to pick up outgoing packages.  The problem is they leave those outgoing packages about half the time. 

If your giving outgoing packages when they are delivering you mail, you should get a SCAN form so they can scan it and the package gets in transit because the package will NOT go in transit until it gets scanned and that is usually late at night. 

my mailbox is already on the curb so i dont think it will change. as for boxes they will still prob deliver the box to the door. kinda like those that dont have saturday deliver except for packages

i cant see how they could have a big enough curb box for several people to get packages think about christmas. there is just no way. heck i got an angel in a 16 x12 box yesterday. would cost way to much to build a place for a box that size. not to mention if 2 or 3 people had packages

yeah im not so sure that this is a very bright idea on their part. part of the reason people like to have stuff shipped is so they dont have to go out of there way to get it it ships to there front porch. not to mention shrim left in a metal box. not a good idea. 

In truth I highly doubt it will end but I know that in Florida and few other southern states ,they might stop mail pick up at our houses which I understand because there are a heck of a lot more houses now than 20 years ago and it has to be heavy to carry .

Living in a small town up in the sticks, you either get personal mail delivery from

your mail person, who everyone knows, and is usually a friend, or you have

to go get it anyway.

Ours is so strange, all of our mail goes to Great Falls, Montana, first before it goes to Butte. Even

mail from Butte, goes to Great Falls and then gets routed back to Butte. Seems like they could

save some money by NOT doing that, but what do I know.   lol

The USPS is losing money big time and is trying to figure out how to make ends meet.  There are several govt people who believe if the post office closed it would be good for the other companies to pick up their business (fedex, etc)  All politics, kids, all politics.