oxygenation?

Jynn

Ive got a tank of black pandas and blue bolts, theyve been in there maybe a month and a half, but ive gotten no berried shrimp yet.  I honestly cannot seem to sex shrimp, but there are 13 shrimp in there, I feel liek statistically im bound to have a few of each gender.    Maybe im just super impatient, but I want to be sure im not doing anything wrong.

I think my water parameters are fine (temps a little high, but it'll work itself out now that the weather is cooling off.)

RO water remineralized with salty shrimp bee GH+

KH - 0

GH - 4

PH - 6.0

Temp 71.5 atm

0 nitrate, nitrite, ammonia

I have a HOB filter with a sponge guard for the intake,  a bunch of marimo balls, a bunch of pelia, some little ceramic shrimp tubes, and Ive been using Bacter AE to build up whatever gunk baby shrimp eat (I think thats what it does, anyway)

I know they like heavily oxygenated water,   Is my HOB providing enough oxygen?  Should I stick an airstone in there as well?

will enough biofilm grow on my moss balls and pelia, or should I stick some wood or somethin in there?

71.5F is pretty normal.

If you want fast breeding, you can bump up your temp to 75-77.

You can post some pictures of your shrimp and forum members can help you sex them.

You can add and airstone or a sponge filter in there as well.

I run HOB + Sponge filter.

Jynn everything looks great as far as water parameters. What is your TDS? As Poopians said the higher the temperature the faster they will berry. This all depends on if that is the only problem. What are you dosing supplement wise?

Oxygenation in my experience seemed to be the key for my TB babies surviving longer.

My mischlings and TBs (BBs, pandas) took just over 3 months before I had my first berry.

I've had to re-define patience for myself.  Basically I sit around and expect no changes, that way when they do occur, it's a surprise!

My tank is at 73F.

What supplements are you using/adding to your tank as well?

So far everything checks out just fine.

What supplements are you using/adding to your tank as well?

So far everything checks out just fine.

I don't really add much of anything to it,   

I remineralize with salty shrimp bee GH+ and add Bacter AE, Ive got an indian almond leaf in there, if that counts..

I own Mosura Eros, but have not been using it in this tank.      I'm feeding Shirakura Ebi Dama, and have Mosura Brood care, but have no berried females, so have not been feeding them that.

There are just SO MANY things on the market, and I dont really understand what most of them do or what to buy.