Best way to ebay shrimp?

junglejim578

Was thinking about selling shrimp on ebay but unsure as to how to go about it...

Have two tanks ( RCS and Neocaridina Davidii), both have filled up and I want to start a mini business.

Really confused by the systems for Paypal and ebay accounts.

Anyone have any experience?

Was thinking about selling shrimp on ebay but unsure as to how to go about it...

Have two tanks ( RCS and Neocaridina Davidii), both have filled up and I want to start a mini business.

Really confused by the systems for Paypal and ebay accounts.

Anyone have any experience?

I don't honestly think anyone is going to teach you how. That would just add to the competition.

One thing I can tell you is that you can NOT have a DOA policy if you choose paypal as a payment method.

You can have one but it's invalid as buyers are backed up with Paypal's buyer protection policies.

The downside to using any site like that (AB, Ebay, Amazon) is people try to rip you off, use the rating system to blackmail you, and can be jerks. :(

True. At least on Aquabid, most people that I have dealt with are pretty reasonable. Ebay is another story.

Aquabid is easier than Ebay, in my experience. Plus it is free to use.

I totally agree with you. I love Aqua bid I've seen you on there with awesome tigers. I'm (theshrimpboy) and yes I've seen people give sellers terrible feedback but that's only one and is very obvious that it's not legit :) most people are honest

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

wow, posted this only recently, and already got many answers :)

not heard of Aqua bid, will do research. Sounds like a decent place

as for a DOA policy, you're right - but for ebay you MUST offer paypal (sadly)

I might start selling on forums - hadn't thought of that!

Jim

and i know they are the same - but they are marketed as different in my experience

Hmmm...

Is Aqua Bid a US site? 

Unfortunately I live in the UK so :/

I'm based in UK and sold at least a thousand shrimps on eBay with only one issue. One guy claim to cancel transaction on £65 after almost three months and I couldn't find proof of postage. You have to be careful and keep all postage receipts with tracking number. Always use Royal Mail special delivery it's next day before 1pm guarantee, though they let me down once and mail have not been collected from my local post office in the evening, I've been told that the van had an accident and couldn't collect mail from post office that day. My shrimps arrived the day after instead of the next day, likely all alive.

Ebay charge 10% and I think PayPal charge some fees too. You probably going to pay around 15% of the cost of each transaction.

It's more difficult to sell in the winter, you need to insulate your parcels or the shrimps can frieze to death.

The key for good selling is nice pictures in the listing and some good feedbacks. You might need to compensate all dead shrimps to the seller or you can receive a bed feedback one day and the buyer would get a refund in any ways.

Now I'm not selling much, I found it quite time consuming for little profit. Netting out the shrimps, packaging, caring parcels to the post office, communicate with the buyers take more time then you expecting. I better to spend that time at work and get way better cash, but you might find it interesting in the beginning.

Good luck with your selling

I'm based in UK and sold at least a thousand shrimps on eBay with only one issue. One guy claim to cancel transaction on £65 after almost three months and I couldn't find proof of postage. You have to be careful and keep all postage receipts with tracking number. Always use Royal Mail special delivery it's next day before 1pm guarantee, though they let me down once and mail have not been collected from my local post office in the evening, I've been told that the van had an accident and couldn't collect mail from post office that day. My shrimps arrived the day after instead of the next day, likely all alive.

Ebay charge 10% and I think PayPal charge some fees too. You probably going to pay around 15% of the cost of each transaction.

It's more difficult to sell in the winter, you need to insulate your parcels or the shrimps can frieze to death.

The key for good selling is nice pictures in the listing and some good feedbacks. You might need to compensate all dead shrimps to the seller or you can receive a bed feedback one day and the buyer would get a refund in any ways.

Now I'm not selling much, I found it quite time consuming for little profit. Netting out the shrimps, packaging, caring parcels to the post office, communicate with the buyers take more time then you expecting. I better to spend that time at work and get way better cash, but you might find it interesting in the beginning.

Good luck with your selling

Also, if you're a new seller, people take advantage of your feedback and use feedback as a threat against you.

Thanks guys. I have considered the cost of selling (paypal/ebay fees) and its only a project really - no real intention of making big cash! I have also heard of feedback blackmail/threats. Will probably continue with plans to sell, and I will try to get a way of selling via the Aqua Bid website. 

Specifically to Citycode01 ( because hes a UK based seller) what kind of ebay/paypal account do you use? I'm really not sure what to go with. Also, do you have a DoA policy or do you just refund any dead?

Specifically to Citycode01 ( because hes a UK based seller) what kind of ebay/paypal account do you use? I'm really not sure what to go with. Also, do you have a DoA policy or do you just refund any dead?

There's only one type of eBay account? But they have these store upgrades you can get which you won't need.

As for Paypal, just register a paypal and link a card or bank account.

As for DOA policy, as stated before DOA policy does not work.

eBay/Paypal has their own policies and since you are using them, you follow their rules.

DOA policies goes AGAINST their policies thus invalid when a dispute is opened.

Poopians just answered those questions, nothing to add. If you new on eBay they won't let you sell a lot in the beginning and then will lift your limit if you going to be active seller. But even at the first place it's like £800 a month limit so you will be fine.

You have to compensate all DOA to the buyer, some sellers asking for the pictures of dead shrimps and they should be sent no later then one hour after receiving the parcel, but if buyer open the case he can easy win even if the shrimps die in a couple of days after receiving them no meter of your policy.

Well there goes any chance of a fair DOA then. and as for ebay accounts, theres stuff like business and user and premium... but for paypal theres also business and personal. i guess ill go with standard then, for both

Well there goes any chance of a fair DOA then. and as for ebay accounts, theres stuff like business and user and premium... but for paypal theres also business and personal. i guess ill go with standard then, for both

Personal for Paypal

eBay, stay with default

You'll probably be able to sell like 5 or 10 items the 1st month.