Really Dumb Question.

Vpier

I have two tanks on a rack sitting to next each other, almost touching. One tank has RCS and tangerine tigers and the other has OEBT and Carbon Rili. I have never transferred anything from one tank to the other, ever. But in the last 6 weeks I have found one OEBT and one Rili in the RCS tank and its such a jungle with moss/plants that I have no idea if there are others in there.

So my really dumb question is, can shrimp crawl out of a tank and go into another? I have no idea how they got in the RCS tank

No question is dumb. I can say I've seen them jump quite far out of my glass shimp catcher.  So yeah I think it is very possible. 

Do you think they can crawl up and around an HMF and into the back side? I cant see the back side because it up against the wall.

Would not know. Never used that type of filrer. But..... I have had them crawl though sponge and end up in the sump or in other tanks in the system.  Didn't Jeff Goldblum in jurassic park say life will find a way?  Not that you have a dinosaur tank......... I hope.  :D

Are the tanks covered? I know they can climb up the filter because people say using it to devide a tank isn't a good idea or they will mix. Pretty sure if the tanks are close enough that a shrimp could walk across without having to climb down one tank and back up the other then they could tank hope.

Are the tanks covered? I know they can climb up the filter because people say using it to devide a tank isn't a good idea or they will mix. Pretty sure if the tanks are close enough that a shrimp could walk across without having to climb down one tank and back up the other then they could tank hope.

80% covered, so shrimp can crawl out? Do I need to worry about losses due to climbing out? Most pics of shrimp tanks I see are not covered.

If there is any wood or plants or filter near the surface they can. I don't think the can even there is nothing to hang on to to get over the side, know what I mean? I have uncovered tanks too but not that close, none climb out and die that I know of.

But if there is another tank that close maybe they think it's greener on the other side? Lol

If there is any wood or plants or filter near the surface they can. I don't think the can even there is nothing to hang on to to get over the side, know what I mean? I have uncovered tanks too but not that close, none climb out and die that I know of.

But if there is another tank that close maybe they think it's greener on the other side? Lol

The tanks a jungle so yes I have plants all the way to the surface and you might be able to slide a sheet of paper between the tanks

Shrimp can definitely "Jump Out" but you want to be sure its just simply that. That the current is pushing them out, or they are able to climb a plant out of your tank. Other times it can be your water parameters, when water parameters are poor or the shrimp are introduced to a new environment, often this can happen as well. Just as a safety precaution I would check your water parameters.

Shrimp can definitely "Jump Out" but you want to be sure its just simply that. That the current is pushing them out, or they are able to climb a plant out of your tank. Other times it can be your water parameters, when water parameters are poor or the shrimp are introduced to a new environment, often this can happen as well. Just as a safety precaution I would check your water parameters.

Water is good and almost the same as the other tank. Using a sponge and its under the glass canopy. Plants are at the surface but not growing above the surface.