Want to switch to RO water!

Shrimp lover

So I have a 20 gallon planted tank with about 70 neocaridina shrimp! I have a big problem with copper, so I get Cuprisorb and it works well for a couple months. Then, I start noticing a couple of my shrimp die, so I have to buy a new one. I don't want to have to keep buying the Cuprisorbs and I can't recharge it because it requires a strong acid that I don't have access to, so I was wondering if I could just switch to RO water? Would that be hard on my shrimp? If it's possible, what RO water do you recommend? Thanks!

All RO water are the same. For RODI water, it has 0 TDS. for RO, it has lower than 20 TDS. So doesn't matter where you get from. it could be from machine at Walmart or RO machine at home. 

you can just get RO water mix with MK blue diamond, SL aqua or GH+ to get TDS around 200. 

neo should be fine, you could just do 100% water change with RO water mix with minerals. you would see few shrimps dead but it is fast way. I know some people will hate me for this. Or you could do slow way, do 20% WC per week with RO water. 

You can buy a RO unit to install at your home or buy from stores.

Once you get RO water, be sure to test the pH, TDS, GH, KH.

Some stores forget to change their filters so it's best to test.

If your RODI water is like mine, at 5.3 pH, you'll have to increase KH to increase the pH.

If your shrimp is healthy and you net out every one of them, you should have no dead shrimp even if you do 100% water change.

Since it's a planted tank, I would do what Lloydwang suggested. 20% WC because finding and catching every shrimp in a planted tank is a lot of work.

If possible to eliminate risk, purchase your own RODI system. This can seem encumbering at first, but instructions, YouTube videos, and this forum can help you make the switch. In the long run you will reduce cost by making your own RODI water, and eliminate any risk or uncertainties about store bought.

So I have a 20 gallon planted tank with about 70 neocaridina shrimp! I have a big problem with copper, so I get Cuprisorb and it works well for a couple months. Then, I start noticing a couple of my shrimp die, so I have to buy a new one. I don't want to have to keep buying the Cuprisorbs and I can't recharge it because it requires a strong acid that I don't have access to, so I was wondering if I could just switch to RO water? Would that be hard on my shrimp? If it's possible, what RO water do you recommend? Thanks!

Cheap, easy and it works very well .  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GJCE2X4?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00

I have hard well water, the purewaterclub gives me 0tds, 0kh and 0gh