My Blue Dream Rilis had babies!

shrimpybuisness

Have any of you guys been ripped off with shrimp? I payed a hefty price for 10 "blue dreams" and only 2 came ok a while back. The rest looked an ugly brown green. But I'm so happy that my only male and female (that have good color) bred together! Babies are So BLUE and not even a day old!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

post-1828-14460877241_thumb.jpg

post-1828-144608775404_thumb.jpg

Congratulations. Babies are so exciting!

Thx! I've only successfully bred Red Rilis and Painted Fires before which the babies come out clear so cool these came out blue. Can't imaging how there gonna turn out

Did the bad ones look like this?

I never seen the blue rilies not produce this brownish ones. Maybe you have to cull heavily to avoid it.

NO I would be happy if they look like that at least. The ugly ones look like the wild type neo....

There are people that sell counterfeit shrimp for a quick buck. I've lost money to them before.

Just curious as to why you guys would "lose" money to those type of sellers.

If you don't open a dispute/chargeback for the fake shrimp or didn't get what you ordered, the seller will just keep doing it because you guys are doing nothing to make them rethink what they are doing won't work.

Congrats on your new babies!

I can say from experience that the Dream Blue Rili and the Carbon Rili I have had- don't breed true, you need to cull. After I got my original shrimp, the next generation there were a variety of colors (all mostly in the blues but some looked sub-par), I culled all the ones I didn't want to reproduce. The following generation was increasingly impressive. Now my Blue dream rilis are throwing out mostly medium-dark blue with varied patterns/stripes. They still throw the occasional bland shrimp, or light blue velvet shrimp. My carbons also had a bunch of sub-par babies. So did my blue diamonds! However they should not be producing wild type babies!I would scale down your colony to the shrimp that you know are producing non wild type babies.

Some strains of shrimp are not breeding true and you must cull them somewhat. You can always ask the seller how much culling they have to do to maintain the line. I bought some Blue dreams and the seller said they mostly 80%+ like the adults she sent. I rook her word on it, and she was correct, most people in this hobby are not going to lie to you, especially if they are established on a forum or aquabid.com, etc.

The babies in the your picture are nice blue color, so you truly will have a nice group to work with in no time! Best of luck to you :)

Good question, Poopians.  I guess for me it's fear of bad Karma coming back to me by hurting someone else- even if justified.  Kind of goes with mom's old advice- If you can't do anything nice, don't do it at all.

I fully understand what you are saying though.

Just curious as to why you guys would "lose" money to those type of sellers.

If you don't open a dispute/chargeback for the fake shrimp or didn't get what you ordered, the seller will just keep doing it because you guys are doing nothing to make them rethink what they are doing won't work.

I dont know what i can do... Ive talked to the seller and I was like "I thought they were supposed to be blue dream shrimp" because only two came looking good. But they were like oh... you didnt read the post clearlly it says "Blue Dream RIli", i was like wtf so you just made up a random name. Also the seller has mainly positive reviews probably from inexperienced buyers,so i cant really do anything

Good question, Poopians.  I guess for me it's fear of bad Karma coming back to me by hurting someone else- even if justified.  Kind of goes with mom's old advice- If you can't do anything nice, don't do it at all.

I fully understand what you are saying though.

Yah i didnt argue with them i was like alright whatever you say...

I dont know what i can do... Ive talked to the seller and I was like "I thought they were supposed to be blue dream shrimp" because only two came looking good. But they were like oh... you didnt read the post clearlly it says "Blue Dream RIli", i was like wtf so you just made up a random name. Also the seller has mainly positive reviews probably from inexperienced buyers,so i cant really do anything

If their listing only said "Blue Dream Shrimp" then says "Blue Dream Rili" after receiving it, depending on payment of method, you can dispute that as item not as described. But if the listing stated "Blue Dream Rili", there isn't much you can do :(

If their listing only said "Blue Dream Shrimp" then says "Blue Dream Rili" after receiving it, depending on payment of method, you can dispute that as item not as described.

No it was already marked as blue dream rili. And there was a picture but the shrimp didn't come out like the picture

No it was already marked as blue dream rili. And there was a picture but the shrimp didn't come out like the picture

I have blue dream rili and they don't all like solid nice blue like a blue dream should, some look like carbons, hence the "rili" part of their name. I think they are cool because they've got more variety. But just wanted to point out that they're not that same as blue dream shrimp.

Also my rili don't like high ph, I had them in a tank with ph of 8.2 and they didn't have good color, looked wild. I moved them to a tank with ss remineralized ro water and a ph of 7.6 and they a beautiful now.

I have blue dream rili and they don't all like solid nice blue like a blue dream should, some look like carbons, hence the "rili" part of their name. I think they are cool because they've got more variety. But just wanted to point out that they're not that same as blue dream shrimp.

Also my rili don't like high ph, I had them in a tank with ph of 8.2 and they didn't have good color, looked wild. I moved them to a tank with ss remineralized ro water and a ph of 7.6 and they a beautiful now.

No not like that the low quality ones shipped to me were wild type neocaridina bad. And my tap comes out 7.6

I'm keeping Carbon rilis in one of the tank and they always producing some brown shrimps with blue strips or just ugly brown shrimps look like wild, I cull them all the time but they keeping producing them no meter the parents colour. I'm trying not to cull brown females I've noticed they can still produce good colour shrimps. I took the picture of them (below) you can see some of them are brown - green ish ugly colour.

I think it's normal but I would never ever sell that brown  shrimps under the name of Blue rilis, blue rili culs with the picture maybe for only small price.

post-1693-0-22360300-1446321299_thumb.jp

I'm keeping Carbon rilis in one of the tank and they always producing some brown shrimps with blue strips or just ugly brown shrimps look like wild, I cull them all the time but they keeping producing them no meter the parents colour. I'm trying not to cull brown females I've noticed they can still produce good colour shrimps. I took the picture of them (below) you can see some of them are brown - green ish ugly colour.

I think it's normal but I would never ever sell that brown  shrimps under the name of Blue rilis, blue rili culs with the picture maybe for only small price.

You could always start selectively breeding for the green with the stripe.