OEBT and TT deaths. Molting issues? Ideas welcome.

Duff0712

Got home last night and found a dead TT and a dying (eventually died shortly after) OEBT. I am just trying to get ideas of why they died/are dying. This is in my 22G TB tank. Everyone else seems fine but I wanna make sure it won't continue to happen :)

Tank Params:

Waste: 0/0/Trace

PH: 6 or below

KH: 0

GH: 5 (API)

TDS: 110~

Temp: 72-73

RODI w/ SSGH+

If u need anymore info let me know!

Diagnosis/Stuff I noticed:

TT - was just dead in the back of the tank. Super pink and already eroding by the time I noticed it. Death could be anything really. One thing to note is I found a TT the other day (had been like this for at least a week) that had a crooked nose. It was like in a L shape like someone grabbed it s nose and bent it upward. I was told that could be a molting problem. I'm not sure if the shrimp that died is the same but worth noting.

OEBT - so I actually watched this one die. I saw it on my moss ball and noticed it looked weird. I grabbed my tweezers and kind of nudged it. It had little to no response and it kinda fell off the moss ball and started to swim. It was like a drunken swim in no particular direction that was like a slow spiral to the top then he floated backdown swam a bit more and somehow landed back in the moss ball. Came back like 10 min later and it was dead. Nothing else I noticed to point towards a cause.

If anyone has any ideas as to why they died I would be appreciative!!

-Duffy

How long have they been in there?  I know that people do breed their Tigers and TBs in TB parameters but  if they are new to the tank or werent acclimated well maybe they didnt like the PH.  

How long have they been in there? I know that people do breed their Tigers and TBs in TB parameters but if they are new to the tank or werent acclimated well maybe they didnt like the PH.

Ohhhh they have been in there for a few weeks now, at the least, I'm pretty sure. The OEBTs came from one of my old tanks that had similar parameters and these were the offspring from the adults I had (they had a higher TDS but everything else the same). For the TTs I don't know the conditions they were in previously. I swear they have been in there for at least three weeks though

-Duffy

Did you add any new plants recently without dipping?

Nope, the only new thing I've been doing in that tank is a little bit of the Rooibos Tea (which I haven't been adding much anymore) and I have been dosing small amounts of Seachem Excel. Neither should be enough to cause any harm

-Duffy