Drip acclimation WTF! LOL

jledermann

Um is this a common concern because I'm currently drip acclimating one of my blue jellys to the tank I've been getting ready to have him be the test dummy and see how he does for a few days. I look in the pitcher he was in and was gone. No way he could escape until i saw this.... LOL

post-2708-0-54346000-1446305777_thumb.jp

YES! BEWARE hahaha. I've done this maybe 50 times. Never had this happen. I guess since hes in 100 tank water in the tube he was fine and chose to go there and liked it lol, maybe a great sign! I will put a clip and suction cup to hold the end of the hose from now on, lesson learned 

lol if you see in the picture my flow valve is half way up the tube, I use it as like a 90 degree elbow but I need to either suspend it over the water level or put the valve at the end so they cant crawl up it.

To get her out I plugged the end she crawled up from and disconnected the flow valve which she was very close to, put that end back into the pitcher and let my finger off the end of the hose then gently blew into the tube because she didnt come out with water pressure alone, tricky but wasnt bad, I didnt want to take the hose out hastily because it would have filled with air and made it real hard to get her out. 

This actually happened to me when I received my shipment of Ellen Wang PRL, there were about 4 of them in the airline tubing. I certainly panicked but they were ok, once I drained the water out of the tube.