RKK Mischlinge and neos in one tank

svetilda

I know, I know it's not good for neos to live in lower ph conditions but my question about something else.

I have a divided 5.5g tank with neos in it. One half has a big mama (I think she is PFR) and her babies, the other half is for small colony of 9 females and 6 males and their babies (I think they're at least high sakura grade). I started this tank for CRS or mischlings but from time it was cycled (end of July) only neos lived there. On Oct. 2 I bought 7 mischlinge and added them to the half with one big red mama. The mischlinge never bodered her in any way.

Today I received 10 TB and wanted to add them to the mischlinge, especially it seems like one of mischling females is almost ready for mating. It seems like I have 2 mischiling females, one of them got berried on Hallooween. So I cought 5 what I think are males and dropped them in the other half of the tank.

Now I see the males mischlinge are chasing my neos in kind of aggressive way (and looks like they are bulling only adult neos).

So, what should I do? I have a new tank that is almost ready to go (I have some nerite snails and 2 cherry males in there as lab bunnies and they're doing fine). Should I get the males and put them to the other tank? Or leave them with neos and everything will be fine after they will get "to know" each other?

The male behavior might just be the result of a female molting or ready to mate. In my mixing of neos with tigers and TB's I can't recall any issues if anything Neos tend to out produce TB's and can out compete them for food.

If cherry's are anything is resilient so I think they will be fine till the TB's move out.