Rainbow rock?

Anyone know what it is?  In googling PH issues  yesterday I kept seeing mention of rocks to raise PH  and Id heard of all of them except rainbow rock.    Google doesnt give me much on it

• 2 months later...

Wow, flashback to my first 10 gallon community fish tank when I was 11 some 37 years ago...

Rainbow rock is a hard sandstone. I would think inert but I never tested it. I still see it from time to time at LFS's. You can get it in the form of rocks or thin shale pieces. It has that southwest look of pastel colors, but once algae grows on it you will find it hard to remove and it doesn't look so good...

but once algae grows on it you will find it hard to remove and it doesn't look so good...

I'm actually glad to hear this. This is my goal - I bought a couple flat pieces so I can stick them in my window or under a bright light to intentionally grow algae for my nerites, then swap them out back and forth as they get cleaned. (The 3 snails have completely cleaned all the algae from my giant piece of driftwood, and now they seem hungry.)

It would be pretty cool if it looked like these rainbow mountains: https://www.google.com/search?q=Zhangye+Danxia+Landform&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj_qN3IhdrKAhUFk4MKHWTFDUAQsAQIHA&biw=1366&bih=643

This place is called the Zhangye Danxia Landform if you are interested in reading more about them. They are located in China.

Anywho, I see them at LFS off and on as well, never really tried them out though

It would be pretty cool if it looked like these rainbow mountains: https://www.google.com/search?q=Zhangye+Danxia+Landform&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj_qN3IhdrKAhUFk4MKHWTFDUAQsAQIHA&biw=1366&bih=643

This place is called the Zhangye Danxia Landform if you are interested in reading more about them. They are located in China.

Anywho, I see them at LFS off and on as well, never really tried them out though

Oh that is nice . I watch Animal shows and China has amazing landscape .