WTH is speedie

ctaylor3737

Speedie quit the hobby basically. He has a few shrimp tanks for him self.

But he started a new business making fishing lures.

It is to bad he has taken a elongated/permanent break from the hobby. We all enjoyed his pictures and shrimp. That is where all of my Taiwan Bees originated, was 10 TBs from Speedie Aquatics.

To many other people were getting into the importing and the money wasn't worth the effort anymore

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen all the replies, honestly that's why I slowed down on the forums. Market was flooded and wasn't worth the effort to sell. Speedie had a ton invested and was selling out, suprised he left.

It is a pain importing anyways. I was always getting undercutted and barely broke even half the time. Not that I was looking for a profit but it wasn't worth the effort of selling.

It gave me time to focus more on the hobby that I love instead of a business aspect of it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Speedie says "hi" to all the shrimpers out there. I messaged him on FB to see if he has any shrimp I could buy, and he's completely overtaken by his new hobby that he doesn't even have time to keep shrimp right now. He had a great run with shrimping, and it was lots of fun. He says maybe one day he'll be back.

Here's to hoping! :)

Very sad to hear. BUT we knew he enjoyed fishing and if he is able to make a living doing what he enjoys then I am very happy for him.

I'm still alive guys :)

Appreciate all the love.  I miss everything shrimp except the importing part lol.  Being in the Bay when I was doing it hardcore was easy since SF was an international import hub.  Moving to the Central Valley didnt help so I got into something else that I really love doing.  Painting fishing lures and fishing at least once a week using my lures is my job now.  Go LIKE my page on FB if you like to fish or just wanna follow me.  www.facebook.com/SpeedLures

Thanks all,

Nick