Orange Rilli Roak

mlsthuy1

Best method for shipping in my experience:

1) Medium flat rate Priority mail box

2) Medium sized Kordon Breather bag (this is roughly the same as the new Kordon size, and I always used to use the medium size).

3) A little bit of Purigen in the bag to absorb organic waste and reduce buildup of ammonia during transit

4) A little bit of sponge or tulle netting. They need something to hang onto, but don't use live plants because they respire and produce CO2 in the dark and that will stress out some shrimp, notably Sulawesi.

5) Fill up the bag 3/4 of the way---the more water you have the more stable the temp and more dilute the ammonia buildup. Weight doesn't matter if you are shipping flat rate. Double knot or use rubber bands.

6) Wrap the first bag in some paper towel or newspaper and double bag with a second breather bag. (With a barrier between the two bags it only reduces the breathability around 5%, but this ensures that you will never lose a shipment due to bursting seams. Supposedly the new Kordon bags are less prone to bursting, so perhaps I will stop doing this and start saving bags (I've double-bagged every shipment since I had a bag burst 6 years ago).

7) I insulate using Cellulose insulation from Home Depot. It's way faster than cutting styro and not nearly as messy in your garage!

8) I only use heatpacks for Sulawesi shrimps for sending stuff to Minnesota/Wisconsin in the dead of winter. It's way easier to cook your shrimp than it is to have them die from cold, if you ship them in a well insulated package.

Using these methods, I have only lost a few shrimp out of thousands that I have sent over the past seven years.

Good luck!

Andy / Lexinverts

• 2 weeks later...

They arrived today in wonderful condition! No leaks, no deaths, no delays, no worries :P

I can confirm they are orange! They still had lots of color after shipping, so much so I had to compare them to my Orange Sakura. I'll get some updated pics in the next day or so.

Thanks again!

Sorry I am doing a test run I am not confident to sell them yet =C. Yea they are more orange; they actually look more like rilli as they get bigger; there is more orange than the white part

Okay, let me know when you are :)

Had a few moments to check up on feeding time for the new Orange Rili arrivals. They look amazing on the dark substrate, can't wait to see how they look once the clear section becomes visible. Very tempted to add some Tangerine Tigers to join them.  

post-1971-0-09289900-1448227626_thumb.jp

post-1971-0-06755100-1448227651_thumb.jp

I couldn't be happier.