WTB Blue Dream or Orange Sakura

FuzzyMuffin

I'm looking for 5-10 of either blue dreams or orange sakura shrimp (preferably blue dreams). The one catch is I'm looking for sexed adults, all of one gender. I don't want the shrimp to breed them, I'm just looking for some to enjoy. Again, not looking to breed, so amazing quality isn't necessary, but nice coloration is of course wanted. 

Because these are adults, I'd like any responders to perhaps give me their tank parameters as well, so I can see how closely they match my own. :)

Thanks everyone!

I don't see why you wouldn't want a mixed sex group of shrimp? Shrimps don't live forever...that's why its better to have a mixed sex group so they can reproduce. If all your shrimps die...then what are you gunna look at? lol.... Just my 2 cents.

neos are pretty hardy so as long as they are carefully acclimatized with being slowly dripped in they should be fine.. 

half the fun is breeding them and watching the young develop and perpetuating the species as well as your hobby.. :) 

All good points however, I'm planning an all male tank for my office so I can mix colors and the kids can enjoy the variety so I understand the appeal. I do have Blue Dreams but not enough to sell. I would expect that someone here would have some spare males to share tho.

I'm very new to shrimp, and the idea of having them breed and interbreed is kinda scary to me, plus I'd have nowhere to put the babies if the tank were to get overrun. It's just a little office tank as well, so if I decide it's too much work I don't have to wait forever to tear it down. :) This is just something to get my toes wet. Thanks for all the responses though!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm looking for 5-10 of either blue dreams or orange sakura shrimp (preferably blue dreams). The one catch is I'm looking for sexed adults, all of one gender. I don't want the shrimp to breed them, I'm just looking for some to enjoy. Again, not looking to breed, so amazing quality isn't necessary, but nice coloration is of course wanted.

Because these are adults, I'd like any responders to perhaps give me their tank parameters as well, so I can see how closely they match my own. :)

Thanks everyone!

You want them to breed, they require no extra work to do so and you get more shrimp. No one can be 100% gender as they send juvies. Not all are clear st that size.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

hey no worries, as for the nano set-up I house over 120 in a 2.6 gallon with everyone in even balance. Your too worried well beyond what has not happend so have fun with your new shrimp and sell whats extra, believe me you'll find good homes for the extra's.

Thanks everyone!

I found a seller on a FB group, mine will be arriving tomorrow I'll link after I verify the quality. She was easy to work with and shipped the day I paid. She didn't have heat packs though but it's been 65 here this week not too worried about them lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I just received an order of a dozen 'super red cherries' 1/4" juvinals that were on the road for get this,,,,, 7 days with NO heat pack!

The seller sent them to me from only one state away!!!! USPS needs to step up their game..

They ALL did arrive alive but were very cool indeed and think the coolness and darkness slowed down their metabalism and went temporary dormant, ONE tough super red shrimps!!!!  

He also sells on Facebook 'shrimp USA'

Heck no I don't deal with that guy anymore. He rips me off everytime I order from him. I don't recommend him to anyone

Heard that a few times, strange he's been around awhile and doesn't have heat packs. Everyone should use them if they are a business, I can see a hobbyist running out of them.

I stopped using heat packs unless the weather is below freezing.  I saw too many people receiving cooked shrimp from sellers not doing it right.

IMO if your package is insulated very well (as they should be), the heat may not even get to the shrimp anyway.  I've had shrimp show up fine being delayed or lost over a week in cold weather doing it this way. *

If the weather is below freezing, I will add one for extra insurance anyway though.

*Note that I say very good insulation in cold weather.  There is no reason to skimp on insulation- especially during cold weather.