Black or White Shrimp Net

Hi All

I am currently using a black shrimp net. I like to switch to white. Anybody using the white? Where do you get it ?

Thanks

Possibly stupid question. Does it matter what color the net is.

Have a gniess day. -Scott

I heard shrimps kind of ignore the white net and some said shrimps are scared of black net.

From experience using a white net, the shrimp sometimes swims into the net when moved toward it. I would just stop the net right in front of it and it just swims in.

What type of net are you using?

i dont use a special shrimp net i get the fine mesh blue fish nets. i like them better because they are square and just easier for me to use. even with my tb i will use the fine mesh blue nets

Welcome to The Shrimp Spot! Please introduce yourself and start posting!

For now there is just the one forum but as more people start joining and posting I will create more forums as they become necessary.

Do you have to wear special glasses when catching your shrimp?

Do you have to wear special glasses when catching your shrimp?

-Chris

Haha ! Not sure you have to wear special glasses or not but the design of net very nice!

This is the type I have from catfishbi.  I pd $20 and absolutely love it.  Telescoping stainless steel handle (extends to up to 21 inches or so) and net that stays cubed and doesn't collapse when put in or taken out of water- so no shrimp stuck, no harm to legs, and minimizes shrimp panic. (pic is catfishbi's)

DSC04373_zps3686efdd.jpg

I've not used it, but H4N has a what looks like a similar net for $15. (pic is H4N's.)20140503_173547_zpsgxct1snx.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hungle,

Yes, I am going to get one .My shrimps have been breeding and I could use it over the small regular nets . I never heard of them till now .

This is small not big. How big do you want ?

The shape stay open and white making netting a shrimp is so easy and they don't even know they swimming into a net.