Pure Taiwan Bees

Interesting shrimpsf! I remember when you started that journal, I was very interested. Do you continue to update that thread?

I respectfully disagree, at least with neos of which I have tied up most of my hands on experience. ;p

If this were true you could cross any two colors and get a percentage of a specific different color everytime.

Since this is not the case, we end up working to influence the bell curve.

I know where you are coming from though. Cards seem to be differently structured.

Ah yes, I meant with Caridinas. But even then, we're not having success predicting phenotypic ratios, which really doesn't make sense.

The researcher who studies the DNA of ornamental shrimp colors will become almost instantly famous amongst shrimp keepers.  NOBODY is doing this right now.  It's a wide open field.

My sister is a genetic engineer.  Works on curing cancer or some such nonsense.  I've been asking her what it would take to do some "proper meddling" with shrimp.  Looking into getting a DIY autoclave and sneaking into her lab at night to see what little monsters we can create. :D

There has been some study on neo's. I'll have to hunt down the literature.

My sister is a genetic engineer. Works on curing cancer or some such nonsense. I've been asking her what it would take to do some "proper meddling" with shrimp. Looking into getting a DIY autoclave and sneaking into her lab at night to see what little monsters we can create. :D

There has been some study on neo's. I'll have to hunt down the literature.

When I was doing lots of mycology work, I had my own "homemade" sterile lab. A pressure cooker works as an autoclave, and a Tupperware with holes on the side works as a glovebox. 91% alcohol in a spray bottle, and you're ready to go!