Mulberry leaves

fishlover

And from what I understand, dry nettle doesn't sting which is a plus, I am thinking this summer when I go hiking in the mountains to bring gloves and a bag and pick some like Monty. I am sure they will be easy to find, as they have a distinctive scent. All else fails they have nettle in the health food store.

=^._.^=

Yes they don't sting once dried out, but omg don't pick em without gloves on.....learned that one the hard way when I was trying to figure out if the plant in the forest was in fact a nettle.....DUH!   They look a lot like other plants, so sometimes its hard to tell, but the hairs on the underside of the leaf are the giveaway, and they are usually a tall growing plant.   

Ive purchased Nettle leaves from the Health food stores, but its usually for making tea (actually very good for you) and unfortunately there is no way to add it to the tank and keep it from floating.  Even the dried leaves will need some sort of stone placed on top or possibly one of those clamps for the fish to eat from (when you add cucumber etc to a tank)  This would hold the leaf in place and once the shrimps figure it out they will land on it.

im wondering if you could use a net bag of sorts, or pantyhose?  Something to keep the flakes inside but still allow the shrimps to pick at until they got the goodies inside.  Ive used both on my filters as guards and know the shrimps are always hanging out on them, so might this work?

im wondering if you could use a net bag of sorts, or pantyhose?  Something to keep the flakes inside but still allow the shrimps to pick at until they got the goodies inside.  Ive used both on my filters as guards and know the shrimps are always hanging out on them, so might this work?

It might but from other posts they say the shrimp are initially attracted to the tea leaves but lose interest really fast.