Sponge filter with media

What is the link to the jars that worked best?

I bought those ones: http://www.ebay.com/itm/5x-100mL-Clear-Empty-Pharmacy-Container-Jar-Box-Bottle-Pill-Tablet-Pot-Vial-Q2-/161140535304?hash=item2584b97008:g:0Q0AAOxyRNJSdIjK

They right width but too tall and I had to cut off 1/3. They also very easy to brake I broke 3 of them and had success with 2. I used gas powered soldering iron with pin tip attached to cut them and cut the holes, you can't drill them they will brake. Maybe you can find the ones not so tall and made of clear flexible plastic instead of thin fragile acrylic.

I like what you did citycode. Might try this and hook it up to my eheim.

I'm planning to connect 2 eheims together I've got Eheim 2215 and I bougt the second hand one from ebay as well, It cost me only few quid, anyway it was on my loft for few months. I'm thinking how to place a media in both. Have no clue, should I put sponges and polishing pads in the fist and media - purigen the secind or haf of equal amount in both?  What do you think?

I'm planning to connect 2 eheims together I've got Eheim 2215 and I bougt the second hand one from ebay as well, It cost me only few quid, anyway it was on my loft for few months. I'm thinking how to place a media in both. Have no clue, should I put sponges and polishing pads in the fist and media - purigen the secind or haf of equal amount in both?  What do you think?

Never thought about doing it that way. I was thinking about attaching the intake to the sponge. Since the eheim and the actual sponges will be more than sufficient for mechanical and biological filtration I would just use purigen in both of the containers you modified to your double sponge filter. I dont think you can ever have enough purigen. Have you considered putting the purigen in a media bag so you can clean and recharge it?

Is a quid like a pound?

Never thought about doing it that way. I was thinking about attaching the intake to the sponge. Since the eheim and the actual sponges will be more than sufficient for mechanical and biological filtration I would just use purigen in both of the containers you modified to your double sponge filter. I dont think you can ever have enough purigen. Have you considered putting the purigen in a media bag so you can clean and recharge it?

Is a quid like a pound?

Wow that a ton of purigen they like 4L each. Nah that too much. It's only 20g it's not a pound :-)

Year keep it in bags and then recharge few bags once a while in bleach, renew it after 6-7 times.