Controsoil

20" Finnex stingray

Sunsun 603B canister filter

Aquatop 75w heater

Shrimpy Daddy minerals and colore

Azoo nitraact and stability

Sword plant, Taiwan moss and guppy grass

Two lava rocks

So my first Taiwan Bee tank failed on the count of a bacteria infection the neos had (never add shrimp from Rob's into your healthy stock) and gave to my tbs.

So I decided to tear down the tank. I cleaned the aquarium and let it dry out for a few days, cleaned the filter really well with water and h2o2, dipped the plants, rocks and wood and spread out the the controsoil to dry.

Before this I treated the tank for infection using shrimp nature health spray, excel and fulvo humic. All the shrimp remaining appeared healthy, but were moved them to my planted tank in case of infecting my new stock.

While doing this I won an auction for 12 Taiwan bees, 4 pandas, 4 shadow pandas, 4 kk jelly. But I had no tank set up for them so I had to try and quick cycle the tank.

1 shrimp died on the way and another died while I had them in a breeder box. So after having one death I decided I had to put them in the tank and hope for the best. The tank had been running for 24 hours with mts and I dosed Stability and Azoo bacteria to cycle.

The first day I tested .25 ammonia, so did a water change, second day still had .25 ammonia so I changed as much water as I could and added the shrimp and more bacteria. Had less then .25 ammonia at the end of the day so I changed 50% off water, making sure I match temp and TDS. All the shrimp were grazing on plants and leaves and looked fine.

Next day changed 50% water again, all shrimp still looking good. Tested in between .25 and 0 ammonia. Repeated agin the next day.

On fourth day ammonia tested 0 so I skipped water change.

Fifth day 50% water change and added more bacteria.

Today is day 7 and all shrimp are still doing great and no ammonia showing. They even look bigger to me!

I don't recommend putting shrimp in a uncycled tank but I couldn't pass up the great price lol :D

post-1624-0-68235900-1447625061_thumb.jp

post-1624-0-61273300-1447625088_thumb.jp

post-1624-0-90730900-1447625115_thumb.jp

Always best to quarantine, suprise you had ammonia readings that quick. I've put shrimp in uncycled tanks on a regular basis and have been fine. Although I don't recommend this but if your experienced it's not a big deal :-) grats on the success.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Always best to quarantine, suprise you had ammonia readings that quick. I've put shrimp in uncycled tanks on a regular basis and have been fine. Although I don't recommend this but if your experienced it's not a big deal :-) grats on the success.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yeah. I don't recommend for a newbie for sure. I think I had ammonia so quick because of the snails in there. :)