GREEN JADE BERRIED FEMALE

Well I have some great news! I thought I didn't have any success with these guys but I found some bigger babies hiding in a big clump of Java Moss. These guys are very hard to see when they are against anything green!  When I get home from work I'm going to pull out the moss and count how many I have!

Pics to follow!

Moving all the green jades to a larger tank, so picture time!!! while they are in the breeder box! 

Anyways I am finding that the babies are about 3 different shades of green. One is a diluted Forest Green. One is a Bright Green. One is a Yellowish. Some are darker then others...

I guess I will let this batch mature without any culling whatsoever.  The pale ones may get some more color with age... I want to see how they mature before knowing exactly which ones I should cull for future generations!

Even the babies that I originally grew up from small babies were much paler when they were small, and now they are deep green... so time will tell.

I still dont know which mother these babies came from because for months I had mothers hiding in moss and obviously babies too. I realized also that the green jade mothers really hide alot when they are berried!

post-2153-0-34521700-1453508983_thumb.jp

For some reason my females kicked off their eggs and the first batch of baby shrimp I only saw a few in the tank, and then they disappeared. not sure if they are weak or whats going on... Still working on it and hoping for better results soon!

Are you using any baby shrimp food, green water, or have moss distributed about the tank? The newly hatched shrimplets are more or less immobile for the first few days so in order for them to gain strength they'll need a source of energy nearby. I see a significantly higher newborn survival rates using shirakura chi ebi. However, i haven't tried all the baby shrimp foods out there.

Hope this is helpful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you using any baby shrimp food, green water, or have moss distributed about the tank? The newly hatched shrimplets are more or less immobile for the first few days so in order for them to gain strength they'll need a source of energy nearby. I see a significantly higher newborn survival rates using shirakura chi ebi. However, i haven't tried all the baby shrimp foods out there.

Hope this is helpful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These are really good suggestions. I do have lots of moss in my tanks, and I've had alot of success with my other NEO tanks so I didn't really feel the need to try baby food. But thank you for bringing this up--- I am going to look into baby foods and maybe anyone else reading this can add input on the type of baby food they add to their tanks, what works for you all.... Thanks