GREEN JADE BERRIED FEMALE

They were a mutation. Fire reds threw some dark blues. These dark blues I decided to work on as a project. One day they started throwing these green pigmented shrimp, so my project took a different direction. Took lots of years for them to breed green consistently.

I really don't cull anymore except the odd cherry or one without green pigment. Maybe 1 out of a hundred or so. Lots and lots of different directions the hobby breeder can take these. Just depends what someone is looking for. That's what makes me so excited about this weird strain!

Not too bad it's been a week since I put them in my tank. I just lost a baby that got shipped with the group. The females are becoming a little more greener not so much for the males. They seem to be active and feeding like every other neo. I have 3 females that are saddled at the moment. I'm just waiting on a male to mature so he can do the dirty dirty.

• 2 weeks later...