Papaya leaves and Banana leaves

What's up fellow shrimpers! Today I was reading an article about the different types of leaves to use in shrimp tanks, and realized that i have papaya and banana trees growing in my yard. I can't find any information on the steps to go about preparing these leaves so I figured this was the best place to ask. Any information from taking them off the trees to putting them in the tanks would be greatly appreciated!

I clip mine and lay them on 1 kitchen cooling rack covered with a layer of paper towel, then cover them with paper towel and another rack to keep them flat to dry. Then of course boil them before feeding so they don't float and clog the system?

I usually wait for the bottom leaves (banana) to start drying up then boil them for about 5 mins to kill any bugs and make them sink. But like jem says ensuring they are not sprayed is most important, since bananas are pray to many diseases and bugs they are often smothered in pesticides. I have no idea about papaya though.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Initially you have to be very certain there are no chemicals sprayed in the vicinity of these trees/plants. Even indirectly, as a neighbor spraying their yard could carry to yours. If your certain, then check for already dried/dead leaves that have fallen or are close to doing so. Take these and you can either boil or bake them to rid them of any other nuisances. After that they are good to go. 

I have no idea what my neighbors/city might be spraying while I am not home. I have bamboo, banana, guava, papaya, mango but I don't think the risk is worth it.