Pinto Questions

Yoyo says:

If you want to get pintos faster:
OEBT x Wine Red, you get red pinto from F2 or later generation
OEBT x Black King Kong, you get blue or other dark color pintos from F2 or later generation

Another person posted: I used a Mischling male which carries panda gene to crossbreed with Red Tiger female to make a Pinto shrimp.

It all comes down to what your goal is, what coloration, what pattern, etc.

Then you choose what tiger, or cross you start with.

It all comes down to what your goal is, what coloration, what pattern, etc.

Then you choose what tiger, or cross you start with.

If so. What tiger shrimp will produce what pinto variation? Spotted head, zebra, shunk, etc.

What is your goal? There is not nice and pretty roadmap at this point to tell you this tiger = this pattern. If your heading towards a stripe pattern like the zebra then a tiger with nice bold stripes would be a better option. OR If your attempting a pattern with spots, maybe a pseudo tiger would be best.

What is your goal? There is not nice and pretty roadmap at this point to tell you this tiger = this pattern. If your heading towards a stripe pattern like the zebra then a tiger with nice bold stripes would be a better option. OR If your attempting a pattern with spots, maybe a pseudo tiger would be best.

Atm i have no goals on producing pintos but just wanted to ask the question if there was a certain tiger to obtain a certain pinto. Just wanted to know. Thats all lol :D

This was one of mine from Yoyo.  I think the patterns are fantastic.  Some had more stripes than others, and some more spots on the head, but not one was identical.  It comes down to this, if you want the unusual you have to take what comes out of the pot, be it stripes or spots.  These genetics are soooo complex.  The OEBT has defined stripes so you basically know you are going to get stripes in the next generation, but with the Mischlings as they are hybrids (well anything is possible)   I love the looks of these new types of shrimp and am continueing with my own program in the New Year.  I have both Pinto Mischlings (spotted headed ones)

and these Fancy Red Tigers.

2d9xkyd.jpg

Hi All,

Thank you for your repllies so far. I have received some answers to the questions I had like "what tiger to choose".  In answer to a question posed to me earlier "do you mean taiwan bee pinto"

I am looking to produce a Tibee and then eventually a TaiTiBee.

Thanks again to everyone who has contributed to this thread so far!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have 2 Taiwan Bee Black Pinto. I want to breed these shrimps and have a population of black TB Pinto. Should I breed them with TB King Kong, Panda or maybe other shrimps of the same coloration? Please advice. Thanks in advanced!