Prl stopped breeding

Lyana

I had exactly the same problem with my tank before, if you need to lower your ph down to 6,2 or so you need to add peat in the filter bag around 150-100g will keep running for a week. RyeGuy advised me that I think.

After I've been doing this for around 3 months my ph dropped like to 5.0 when I added peat and I realised that my ph stabilised to this point and frizzed on 6.2 for like 6 months until now, sadly it has a tiny leak which is pain in the bottom, I've got tones of CRS CBS babies and dozens of TB babies from mischlings,  so sad I have to restart it quite soon.

I had exactly the same problem with my tank before, if you need to lower your ph down to 6,2 or so you need to add peat in the filter bag around 150-100g will keep running for a week. RyeGuy advised me that I think.

After I've been doing this for around 3 months my ph dropped like to 5.0 when I added peat and I realised that my ph stabilised to this point and frizzed on 6.2 for like 6 months until now, sadly it has a tiny leak which is pain in the bottom, I've got tones of CRS CBS babies and dozens of TB babies from mischlings, so sad I have to restart it quite soon.

But isn't it bad if the ph swings like that?

So you just added peat to your filter and left it? Did you replace every so often?

I agree it's probably temperature. I use it to control breeding with Neo's. now.

I had a T-stat fail on me just 2 weeks back and saw the shrimp weren't eating much, a tell-tale sign of lower temps. it was 68o in there in a 2.6G Fluval nano desk-top.

I added a 25W. adjustable now back to 74o, they're happy as little clams! Babies everywere!!

Nitrates can cause a downturn in combo with heat as well.. Keep us posted??