Blue bolts turning more blue

Posted Image

This is a pic of the same shrimp. She has been carrying her eggs for 26 days now. When she was first berried her body was pure white with just the blue head. Lately she has become more blue. Has anyone else witnessed this? I think it's pretty cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

yeah they will tend to darken when they have eggs and as they hold them i think. some times it takes a while for them to fully color up as well. do you know how old she is? she might fade back after she has the babies but only time will tell.

She is aprox 5-6 months old. I noticed the same thing occurs with my golden bees. They tend to turn a reddish color which becomes more intense as they become berried.

yeah a lot of shrimp will do that. some times the color stays some times it fades. with luck she will stay darker blue. my only blue bolt is male but i have a couple bkk that are female so with luck i will get babies in a few months

Very Cool!

I looked through a bunch of pics of my tb's and crs and notice almost all the shrimps have some sort of dark pimentation on or around the head area. The older the shrimp gets the darker the spots tend to appear. I have one shadow panda that has a white spot on it's head that none of the others have. It's been there since I got her.

post-89-0-81100200-1401206235_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So after her eggs hatched her body returned to the original shade of white. However, she is berried again. Lol!

I love after they start breeding but truthfully love when they haven't nd you intently watch,them everyday to see if, anything changes.

-Chris

I love after they start breeding but truthfully love when they haven't nd you intently watch,them everyday to see if, anything changes.

-Chris

Everyday I check for any changes in all my tanks closely with a magnifying glass and I'm always excited when they become berried or have babies. Shoot!! I'm even excited when biofilm or green spot algae starts to show up! I have definitely become a shrimp nerd!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

you lucky thing you. none of mine are breeding yet. nice shadow panda pic and a female at that. 

Thanks! I'm sure yours will come through for you soon! Did you get what you wanted from Speedie?

I found this gorgeous looking fella today in my tb tank. Hopefully the red spots on it's head become more prolific as it gets older.

post-89-0-29922000-1402291560_thumb.jpg