Losing color

That can happen sometimes in older females, especially when they are carrying eggs.  I notice it the most with some of my CRS.

I have been feeding my shrimp a color enhancing food which brings out the reds and oranges but I particularly noticed it in my CPO crayfish which were average looking but after a few molts with this food a very bright orange.

• 2 weeks later...

Really just high quality food. What your talking about is in their genes. Only way to stop this from happening is to do some selective breeding. It is most likely in their genes and not all or then will come out perfect. Could always give you a good project to start. I am currently doing the same thing. My discus get my culls though lol.

-Chris

Poopians ,

I feed 'Color' by Bornewild  about once or twice a week but I read that spirulina also helps .  I had spirulina pellets which I feed my cichlids and also give them a few pellets once a week .

It wont take a drab shrimp and make him an award winning shrimp but I have noticed brighter reds, oranges. I have actually noticed the greatest color increase in my CPO crayfish with the two food items.

Poopians ,

I feed 'Color' by Bornewild  about once or twice a week but I read that spirulina also helps .  I had spirulina pellets which I feed my cichlids and also give them a few pellets once a week .

It wont take a drab shrimp and make him an award winning shrimp but I have noticed brighter reds, oranges. I have actually noticed the greatest color increase in my CPO crayfish with the two food items.

but you only have 4 months to use it after opening it. Kind of a waste..