Molting

Deaths don't stop instantly, unfortunately.  It takes time for the minerals to be absorbed.

Just curious, does SS gH/kH + have calcium?

Is there any prepared food I can give for more calcium?

Also what are the benefits of feeding newly hatched baby brine shrimp?

also how do you get calcium test kits. I can only find for saltwater

I have been keeping Koi for a long time and have meter to measure Calcium and others. Not sure who has test kit.

Most of shrimp keepers don't measure those factors, i don't think?

Do you have a plants in the tanks?

If you look at the food content is very low in calcium. Try to feed them some collard greens very high in calcium !

Just curious, does SS gH/kH + have calcium?

Is there any prepared food I can give for more calcium?

Also what are the benefits of feeding newly hatched baby brine shrimp?

I am sure it contains Calcium Chloride.

Poopians,

Just want to make clear that i didn't say that your tank is lack of calcium !

Two things i noticed :

1. Your food is very low in calcium.

2. You are feeding too much protein which make them grow faster than the shell can be harden.

IMO,It may be the 2nd factor that you have to fix.

Poopians,

Just want to make clear that i didn't say that your tank is lack of calcium !

Two things i noticed :

1. Your food is very low in calcium.

2. You are feeding too much protein which make them grow faster than the shell can be harden.

IMO,It may be the 2nd factor that you have to fix.

Another one just died. What does it mean when they are molting but can't finish it? It can molt everything but it's head. What could be the reason

Another one just died. What does it mean when they are molting but can't finish it? It can molt everything but it's head. What could be the reason

That is. The shell has not completely harden and body expansion burst out the shell. Shell near by the mouth still soft.

May be stop feeding for couple of days! Don't change water now!

Let's see what others would suggest.

I am a serious Koi keeper but Shrimp, i just started shrimpen ! LOL

I feel like they are starving. When the shrimp died. Over 10 shrimps were all over the dead one and finished it within 30 minutes.

Shrimp are scavengers by nature. They love fresh dead things, they are cannibals. Don't overfeed that can cause a lot of problems also. Try to remove the dead shrimp quickly, because if it's something other than most wouldn't want the others snacking on a parasitie

-Chris

Shrimp are scavengers by nature. They love fresh dead things, they are cannibals. Don't overfeed that can cause a lot of problems also. Try to remove the dead shrimp quickly, because if it's something other than most wouldn't want the others snacking on a parasitie

-Chris

+1  I used to not remove DOA shrimp, but now I do almost as soon as I find them.  All it takes is a small bacterial infection to be eaten to cause massive problems in a colony.

+1  I used to not remove DOA shrimp, but now I do almost as soon as I find them.  All it takes is a small bacterial infection to be eaten to cause massive problems in a colony.

I see.

Waiting for Will to ship me Bacter EA and Dinner. 

Since my tanks aren't well established, I hope Bacter EA helps the shrimp since I don't see much grazing. Also feeding them kensfish calcium pellets. They been going nuts for processed food everytime I put some in. Looks like I need a lot more biofilm :(

I just measured copper and calcium

Copper is 0 and calcium is between 20-40 ppm.

Should I be feeding more calcium food? 

I see another molt and another death. Still having molting issues I believe.

20-40 ppm is a good level. I am leaning toward that protein foods caused the problem.

which test kit did you get?

Just have to be careful it's easy to overfeed and cause an ammonia spike and kill shrimp. Due to the smaller water changes also affects it. I feed mine twice a week, every once in awhile I'll add something. My cardinals I don't feed at all and they are fine.

-Chris

I saw a really nice exo skeleton today :)

Looks like they are finally able to molt properly

Hope that continues

Sad part is I spent over 2 hours checking my java moss for snails when I received them and now I just saw a snail!!!

It's about 2cm big. Ramshorn snail.

Do they affect the breeding rate for shrimp?