Sandos shrimp rack journal

Sandovalsbco

The shrimp are more important than the guest plus they may not stay so long :D

That's what I thought as well lol don't like my shrimp rack you can stay in the hotel down the street.

Finished substrate and installed the stingray lights for all three tanks.

adbccf0b8d93a8c57379b5dab6f1fea0.jpg

Top two tanks have ee795a93737d4dd65686709527f77490.jpg

Bottom tank has flora max for neos.

After I finished this I thought to myself "I have a problem" this makes three 20L, one ten in the kitchen and my 40 breeder in the game room. [emoji16]

Here's how the common water space looks like behind the HMF on the shared tanks

58d09d32b445bec09590190090d1c310.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a guest bed and I'm probably going to get rid of it. No one has slept in it since it was my bed two years ago.

As a kid I slept in the guest room at my grandparent's home which was also my uncle's fishroom. There were probably 30 tanks running 2 high along the walls. Never slept better than in that room!

It looks really nice with the blue HMF and black substrate. One warning with the split tanks. If you dont want shrimp to cross and mix , they can and will crawl over the sponge to get to the other side. A lid will almost sit on top of the sponge so that is how I stop my shrimp from crawling up and over into the space behind the HMF.

It looks really nice with the blue HMF and black substrate. One warning with the split tanks. If you dont want shrimp to cross and mix , they can and will crawl over the sponge to get to the other side. A lid will almost sit on top of the sponge so that is how I stop my shrimp from crawling up and over into the space behind the HMF.

Already in the works vpier going to go with glass lids, and like you said they will sit right on the glass partition and sponge. Good looking out !!

Ok well that's good to hear haha as long as the job gets done and I have potential to expand lol. The tetra whisper 100 wasn't cutting it. Found some good reviews on the Aliya from here and decided to invest in it.

Ok well that's good to hear haha as long as the job gets done and I have potential to expand lol. The tetra whisper 100 wasn't cutting it. Found some good reviews on the Aliya from here and decided to invest in it.

I have the next size up and they are the best on the market. I also have the largest one, its 14 years old and still working.

The nice thing about HMF and especially Swiss Tropicals is they require less air and move a much larger volume of water than anything I have seen.  I've been doing this for almost 40 years.

You're missing the #1 feature of owning an Alita........it makes adding that next tank oh so easier. :)

Trust me I would have another ten tanks if my wife let me I'm pretty maxed with my 3 20L, 40 breeder and ten gallon. Once we move to a bigger house I'm going to have a dedicated fish room.

• 1 month later...

Added some sakuras and yellow Cherrys to my bottom tank on my shrimp rack. Thanks vinnie for the shrimp.

1e3039ad9d09043c50b69d4c1062064b.jpg

d68dbb76857096f60d372f3db6b18804.jpg

ad6fe0784cabd9c2b5bbbcc5a2a64ef0.jpg

7620fa9ddfb76792be96505d91145c9f.jpg

30f8be578d9da049c44f569fce3f1679.jpg

a58cd8790e1dbd65ed48f12035931fa0.jpg

On a side note the blue dream ten gallon in the kitchen is doing great. I feel like I have a 100% shrimplet survival rate. Here's a picture during feeding. This isn't even close to the amount of shrimp in here. It's tripled for sure since I started with 10

c1e39ad36488bf2fc3aa07b02f4b30cd.jpg