Need help some bacterial infection

fernselvis

Okay, so what you need to do is when switching out your water use reminerlizer to get the Tds around 120, gh 3-5 and over time the Tds will lower in your tank if you keep doing water changes.

You don't want to change too much at once because the perameter difference could shock and kill them.

It's okay to use supplements like you are but they won't replace gh boosting remineralizer.

Hi Lyana,

Ok will do that, so if my tds is high and I use the remineraliser it will be a longer gradual lowering of the the tds while maintains the Gh.

And soothing Shrimp yes I planned to move to ro water to reduce the tds and have more control on the tank parameters. But I have had my tank for 2.5 years and for more than a year and a half the tank had done well with tap water then bottled water, no special nutrients. My office tank I use only old tap water nothing else and jbl shrimp food. Below is a picture. So it always amazes me whether we over fuss with the special shrimp products and loose the ability to create a steady balanced tank for the shrimps to thrive.

Thank you guys.

post-3130-0-21167600-1450937105_thumb.jp

post-3130-0-20812800-1450937150_thumb.jp

post-3130-0-75095300-1450937267_thumb.jp