Tibee and Pinto Tank

ctaylor3737

As most of you know I am starting a large fish room. Once I get all the funds and time to finish, it'll be done. Planning on no later than 3 more weeks and I'll be done. Working on it after work and in my spare time.

I am dedicating a 20L as a tibee and Pinto breeding project. Equipment Aqua Clear Hob, 2 double sponge filters. Will be on my central air system. ADA soil and low light plants.

What I'm looking for is good crosses to start with for good strains. Any ideas? Been doing research on how they got those red and white pintos. Want to see what I can come up with. Any ideas or experience would be helpful.

What I have available already is red & black crystals, black king Kong's, blue bolts, pandas, shadow pandas. Will have wine reds soon I believe.

-Chris

Tibee Shrimp = 

Orange Eye Blue Tiger Shrimp x Taiwan Bee Mischillings Crystal Red/Black Shrimp

Does anyone agree with this mix?

-Chris

Couldn't hurt. Yo may get some very interesting looking shrimp that way.

I like the opaque TiBs, but man it takes some generations to get there. To me the barely striped ones are so unattractive, I just never got into them.

I really like the red and white pintos. Heard this is how they got to them, will take me forever but could find something cool. Seen speedie will have some decent price OEBT so I'll probably grab a few from him when I start.

-Chris

Seems funny to me that some of the same people like keyboard pintos, but will say stripes on neos are ugly.  Not referring to you, of course.

I think it's because so many shrimpers somehow become "elitists" over neos thinking they are somehow "under" their station in life.  (?)

Seems funny to me that some of the same people like keyboard pintos, but will say stripes on neos are ugly. Not referring to you, of course.

I think it's because so many shrimpers somehow become "elitists" over neos thinking they are somehow "under" their station in life. (?)

I like the stripes in neos! Only ones I'm not fond of are sakura cherries. It throws the colors off to me when they are older. Of course mine are never consistent and get blotchy. Love my yellows with stripes!

-Chris

Another question? Why is it no one is trying to breed Pintos? Seems they would,be a hit.

-Chris

Too expensive.  The American public has a mental price limit when it comes to shrimp atm.  ($5 vs $500) We're still in the "cheap" mode instead of paying for quality.  We ARE slowly turning around so there is hope.

Oh, check this out for a tip for breeding some nice TiBs: http://shrimpkeeping.com/advanced-breeding-in-a-nutshell/

Great read! I'll have to look into this some more. It makes sense on how they breed the colors from more red and white. I plan on having 4 20L in my room. Two for TB breeding and two for this project. Want to really get into the mischlings and keeping track of the generations I'm breeding. Want to try for something new with these guys. Don't want to repeat what others have done.

-Chris

Chris last I knew Bill had a colony of them but that was a while ago.

Have a gniess day. -Scott

I am going to ask him, have to do some trading with him lol.

You like it? I needed a "business" name for my permit lol. Figured I would use it on all my pages.

I have both two Orange Eyed Blue Tigers, one is very deep, deep Blue, almost turquoise, and really orange eyes,

the other the eyes aren't as orange and his blue is not as blue as the other one.

It would be interesting to see what you get with that cross. The really nice OEBT thought is pretty stunning all

by itself. I can't wait to see what it will look like when it is gets bigger. It is very small right now.

Yea I think I found someone local that has some. Waiting on him to get back to me if not I will hit up Duke!

Tibee Shrimp = 

Orange Eye Blue Tiger Shrimp x Taiwan Bee Mischillings Crystal Red/Black Shrimp

Does anyone agree with this mix?

-Chris

OK! this is your 1st step and then what are you going to do next?

I have been doing alot of research on these guys and to get a red and white pinto that I have been looking for I have found that you can breed mischlingx OEBT x Wine red. This should give me the coloring and patterns that I need. Just waiting on extra cash as usual lol. All my money has been going into my renovation of my fish room. Putting alot of these projects on hold,

• 1 month later...

I have this tank up,and the soil has been cycling. I now have all the shrimp needed for this project. I'll be separating them soon once the tanks move.