My First Shrimpy Tanky

eternalc

22 minutes ago, ibebian said:

Oh yes that is quite warm, 28C = 82.7F. My water is 24-25C which is considered warm by many here. I have 2 berried RCS and noticed recently that the mothers are hiding more often, it has been about 14 days. My suspicion is that they are getting close and becoming more shy to be safe.

yup, i'm just glad they all can adjust themselves here. hence it is hard for me to keep CRS, unless i put them in an 24/7 a/c room, but then the bills will be killing me.

from what i observe, my mum shrimp will hide occasionally, but i still can see her swimming around the tank sometimes. most of the time she'll just hang out in an upside down position under the sponge filter. i guess that as long as they are moving then it should be ok.

my first berried shrimp died and i notice that she behaved nervously. never saw her moving around much and most of the time she will just stay still, fanning her eggs every few seconds. died of starvation i guess? i dont know. at least her eggs survived. 

i'm sure your shrimp will be ok :D 

• 1 month later...

after two months, one of the first female got berried again. 

IMAG3272.thumb.jpg.cdf3b59eda2651e3ed945

i noticed that the amount of eggs did reduced compared to last time. not sure what went wrong there or maybe it was angle problem. i'm happy that they are all alright and doing fine inside there. babies are growing, but some are still tiny, maybe because they are males?

IMAG3271.thumb.jpg.c49c39223e1c4e17cb5cf

some of the juvenile shrimps being chased by uncle malaya shrimp. 

IMAG3278.thumb.jpg.5576c82a17dfd624c0b9a

one of my favourite color when those malaya shrimps changes color. another color that i like is deep blue sea color which happens not frequently but its very nice to look at. 

now, to the problem part

IMAG3273.thumb.jpg.933c25fdfe250a720bc58

any idea what are these things? there's like tons of them swimming around like no one's business as if their father owned the tank. i dont think they're affecting the shrimps but its really an eyesore seeing them on the walls.

Possibly a type of copepod. They are harmless and usually are in every part of an established aquarium. With shrimp tanks they are much more visible as there aren't any predators to feed on them.

49 minutes ago, DETAquarium said:

Possibly a type of copepod. They are harmless and usually are in every part of an established aquarium. With shrimp tanks they are much more visible as there aren't any predators to feed on them.

i guess they are seed shrimp. at least that means my aquarium is of good quality water :P