bigger tank or fully plant current tank?

aquariumlover10

I'm torn between getting a bigger tank or get alot more plants for my current tank.

I would like a new tank but I would need a stand and new light so it will be like $100 which I need for some other stuff.

but I should get a bigger tank so my new fish aren't cramped when they are bigger.

what's do you think I should do?

I'm torn between getting a bigger tank or get alot more plants for my current tank.

I would like a new tank but I would need a stand and new light so it will be like $100 which I need for some other stuff.

but I should get a bigger tank so my new fish aren't cramped when they are bigger.

what's do you think I should do?

You can always gets plants later so get a bigger tank. You will like it better as will your fish.

Wow .

Why so much,  the lighting ?

Lighting, tank, lid, filters, heater, cooling fan.substrate, driftwood, cholla wood, plants, minerals, mineral ball, mineral rocks, powders for cycling and on and on and on. I'm a snake-oil salesman dream and im also a sucker for buying almost every brand of food.

Lighting, tank, lid, filters, heater, cooling fan.substrate, driftwood, cholla wood, plants, minerals, mineral ball, mineral rocks, powders for cycling and on and on and on. I'm a snake-oil salesman dream and im also a sucker for buying almost every brand of food.

I place my filters on side of tank which is something most don't care for so it forces me to use dome lights with CFL bulbs .  I cant lay led fixtures on top of tank.

They are inexpensive and work amazing but I would prefer the look of nicer led fixtures and the clip on types which I like are for rimless tanks which I wont do .

A little patience goes a long way.

Knowing how to reseal an aquarium goes even further.

If you just cruise craigslist for aquariums you can see some really nice deals. If you can reseal then you can even find nice stuff that is free or close to free.

As for real patience, Petsmart has a 50% off sale every black Friday. I had to pass on a 270(?)g with stand for 250$ this year as my house would not fit it without some work. A 270g shrimp tank would be.. interesting.

What kind of plants are you looking to get?

Vpier. A cooling fan? So things will go wrong in a tank in the MN summer without one?

this is my current stock

1x upside down catfish

4x black kuhli loaches

2x Bolivian ram

4x red minor tetras

and some snails.

I love Kuhli loaches . Those are interesting little fish which I have never heard of anyone breeding .

As they get fat they remind me of swimming crayons .

If you just cruise craigslist for aquariums you can see some really nice deals. If you can reseal then you can even find nice stuff that is free or close to free.

As for real patience, Petsmart has a 50% off sale every black Friday. I had to pass on a 270(?)g with stand for 250$ this year as my house would not fit it without some work. A 270g shrimp tank would be.. interesting.

Vpier. A cooling fan? So things will go wrong in a tank in the MN summer without one?

Craiglist for tanks is a gamble which IMO is not worth taking . Better off just buying a new tank with guarantee .

I say this not based on leaking tanks but on scratches on glass which you only see when tank is full of water .

yeah, I had 5 but one got egg bound and couldn't get the eggs out and died, ill see if I have any pics.

I dont like Craigslist, I already had a tank leak and now my bedroom has carpet so I can't take that chancw.

You can get good things on Craigslist but I would not risk a tank .

It is only after filling the tank up and putting the lights on will you see scratches that you wont notice buying the tank empty .

kuhlis are fantastic  very underrated and thrive in a planted tank .

The albinos which I saw couple years ago are neat looking .

http://www.loaches.com/species-index/photos/p/Pangio_myersi_09.jpg/image_medium

I like to keep my shrimps around 72 degrees, room temp is around 70 and with equipment running it will raise temps over 74. You know how hot and humid MN can get at times.