RO UNIT RECOMMENDATIONS WANTED!

That's where I buy all of my RO equipment. Free shipping is a plus :thumbsu:

Yes it is, I hate hate some fish places slap aquarium use on it and charge 400$ when all a re the same setup. They ALL use the SAME filters. Filters are about the only thing that changes and the amount of them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

How many gallons of water did you all run through this unit before getting 0 TDS?

Everything is working as it should and I'm still at 6 TDS I think I've ran over 5 gallons through it so far

From my understanding, if you have very hard water you might not get all the tds out. I think it will remove up to 300ppm.  You just have a tad over 1ppm per gallon, thats good.

From the purewaterclub instructions on website:

"Please flush the whole RO system at least 10-15 Gallons, or drain out the water tank at least 3 times."

Were your aforementioned 5 gallons before this process or part of it?

I never have recalibrated it. I barely use it, my neos params are always stable but I've been using the pen alot llately testing the RO water and now it just stopped working. EEK. Looks like I will be visiting the TDS METER RECOMMENDATIONS Thread, to find a better Tds meter. Things aren't going so well for me lol. So thank you for your help.

Ok so I can use the 3 TDS water the same way I would use the 0 tds water?

I never have recalibrated it. I barely use it, my neos params are always stable but I've been using the pen alot llately testing the RO water and now it just stopped working. EEK. Looks like I will be visiting the TDS METER RECOMMENDATIONS Thread, to find a better Tds meter. Things aren't going so well for me lol. So thank you for your help.

Ok so I can use the 3 TDS water the same way I would use the 0 tds water?

Yes 3ppm is nothing. I doubt your water is 3ppm. I would bet its at 0 and your pen is off. Most of these pens are on the cheap side and they aren't 100% accurate.

• 1 month later...

I would be looking for a unit.. for one 12g long CRS tank.. 

are these filters listed.. used for fill up as needed?? or do yall keep them connected daily.. to fill up a reservoir tank/barrel?? 

i don't imagine i would need to water being made all day.. just enough to do water changes or top off the 12g long tank. .. 

I would be looking for a unit.. for one 12g long CRS tank.. 

are these filters listed.. used for fill up as needed?? or do yall keep them connected daily.. to fill up a reservoir tank/barrel?? 

i don't imagine i would need to water being made all day.. just enough to do water changes or top off the 12g long tank. .. 

it would take a while for the unit to dry out but if you think its going to be awhile make a gallon or two a week in gallon milk jugs for topping off and your unit will not a dry out.

it would take a while for the unit to dry out but if you think its going to be awhile make a gallon or two a week in gallon milk jugs for topping off and your unit will not a dry out.

thanks!! i have several guppy tanks.. i cant dump extra water in there if needed.. those are just straight tap.. :)  to make sure no dry out :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/12/2016 at 10:32 AM, OMG Aquatics said:

purewaterclub but be sure to buy it on amazon

I use the 150 GPD.

Their customer service if purchased directly from their website sucks.

So what would happen ordering direct?  I wanted to get one to use for the house also and I do not see the one I am looking at on Amazon. :(

I am looking at the "0ppm 7st 100 GPD RO 3xDI Water System[RQ-7BBB-100]" one and adding a tank for the fridge\icemaker.  

Here is the link to the one I want, also going to add some extras. 

http://www.purewaterclub.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=287