What should I do with my tailess Endler?

Sprice

oh I see the filter has to be removed thus you need to remove the plants, etc .

That is a pain .

I like the round look of the tank itself and was eyeing the bigger model for some pygmy everglade sunfish but I now see that I couldn't have it as planted tank .

Checked out the Everglades, beautiful fish [emoji7]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

'' They love snails and will quickly depopulate an aquarium of these sometimes annoying gastropods.''

This is no joke.

I planned to get one puffer and so was growing snails in the tank it would end up in, as well as in 4 other tanks (just in case)

For the first 2 weeks my single pea puffer would not eat anything. I figured it was going to starve. In desperation I picked the shell of a few snails and returned them to the tank to be ignored by the puffer.

Then after 2 weeks of ever increasing worry I saw it grab a tiny snail. Within days that tank that was over run with snails now had almost none. I drop 10-12 in the tank each day hoping they will reestablish but they seem to vanish by the next day. Hair algae has now showed up. So today I have my wife pick up 7 ghost shrimp in hopes they will eat the moss and the puffer will ignore them.

As it is the 15 gal is depleted of snails, the 10 is keeping up due to adequate waste food to eat from baby betta feedings. The 5 recently got golden dojo loaches and the snail population if going down.. The loaches also insist that there were never any cherry shrimp in the tank. The 55 has some snails left. I'm now planning to set up a plastic snail bin to try to raise snails faster (think aquatic compost).

So 4 tanks to feed 1 tiny puffer. Imagine if I got 3 puffers.

This is no joke.

I planned to get one puffer and so was growing snails in the tank it would end up in, as well as in 4 other tanks (just in case)

For the first 2 weeks my single pea puffer would not eat anything. I figured it was going to starve. In desperation I picked the shell of a few snails and returned them to the tank to be ignored by the puffer.

Then after 2 weeks of ever increasing worry I saw it grab a tiny snail. Within days that tank that was over run with snails now had almost none. I drop 10-12 in the tank each day hoping they will reestablish but they seem to vanish by the next day. Hair algae has now showed up. So today I have my wife pick up 7 ghost shrimp in hopes they will eat the moss and the puffer will ignore them.

As it is the 15 gal is depleted of snails, the 10 is keeping up due to adequate waste food to eat from baby betta feedings. The 5 recently got golden dojo loaches and the snail population if going down.. The loaches also insist that there were never any cherry shrimp in the tank. The 55 has some snails left. I'm now planning to set up a plastic snail bin to try to raise snails faster (think aquatic compost).

Whaaa? What a hungry little fella! That is crazy, where do they put it all? They're so tiny!

When I checked late last night as well as some little scuds there are also tiny little worms! Really thin and white and small. Are they harmless? X

7f85bda805b5ea3d52e4b66d41dbf8b7.jpg

Wondering whether to get more males or now I'm down to three get a few females or alternatively leave these 3 to it until...[emoji22] then get some pea puffers [emoji7]

What I like about those bowls is that they are acrylic which I did not know till looked them up and the light .

It makes for a pretty little set up .

You might consider adding regular male guppies which are less aggressive than cobra endlers.

Whaaa? What a hungry little fella! That is crazy, where do they put it all? They're so tiny!

When I checked late last night as well as some little scuds there are also tiny little worms! Really thin and white and small. Are they harmless? X

Your worms are planaria .

http://www.planarians.org/

This is no joke.

''So 4 tanks to feed 1 tiny puffer. Imagine if I got 3 puffers.''

lol .

They had the tiny puffers at pet store I go to with cherry shrimp and the puffers one day killed/ate them but I have heard others say that their little puffers only eat snails .

Going back couple of decades a friend had one of those big freshwater puffers think from Brazil but I cant recall the name . It initially only are crayfish but he was able to wean it to take feeder fish , earthworms and other food but not common fish food .

Those may be detritus worms which are harmless. Planaria are a bit flat with diamond shaped heads. They are not harmless.

What I like about those bowls is that they are acrylic which I did not know till looked them up and the light .

It makes for a pretty little set up .

You might consider adding regular male guppies which are less aggressive than cobra endlers.

Ah I hadn't thought of that, might get a couple of guppy's then [emoji18]

Yeah I do really like the look of the biorb and the colour changing leds are cool although I'm not sure the Endlers particularly appreciate the 'disco' effect so I usually keep it on white or a dark blue moonlight effect in the evening sometimes.

Got some half decent pics today

a88479a181ea32c2f0ab28191b74d4ec.jpg

9934f74ca43afc5a090e5770982d3ccf.jpg

Those may be detritus worms which are harmless. Planaria are a bit flat with diamond shaped heads. They are not harmless.

Uh oh I hope they are the former! It's hard to tell as they are so tiny [emoji52] What is the best course of action, I like to try and use as few chems as poss, would water changes do it if I did 2 a week instead of 1?

I find it fascinating all these creatures popping up, like a proper mini eco system...so cool [emoji18]

Uh oh I hope they are the former! It's hard to tell as they are so tiny [emoji52] What is the best course of action, I like to try and use as few chems as poss, would water changes do it if I did 2 a week instead of 1?

I find it fascinating all these creatures popping up, like a proper mini eco system...so cool [emoji18]

Even if they are planaria and not  detritus worms with fish there is no need to do anything .

Initially I thought of planaria because I suspected you of over feeding the fish , lol .