API Stress Zyme

OMG Aquatics

No it's not, water conditioner with aloe and stress stuff. Honestly nothing speeds a cycle up. It helps but still not as beneficial as a true cycle. In shrimp tanks the cycle time is important because of biofilm buildup. Speed cycling just leaves shrimp nothing to eat.

-Chris

o.o

"Contains over 300 million live bacteria per teaspoonful. Breaks down organic compounds that cause dangerous conditions such as ammonia and nitrite poisoning and low oxygen levels. These bacteria improve the development of the biological filter and help clean a dirty aquarium.  Making STRESS ZYME a part of regular care assures an active biological filter, cleaner aquarium, healthier fish and good water quality. "

Of course, you *can* cheat.  I've started tanks in 2-3 days, but it is a risk.

Ways to cheat:

Have an established filter in another tank, and then move it over to the new one.

Move moss/objects over from another tank that have been there awhile.

Add something like snowflake.  This is a food until biofilm builds up, but does not affect water params.

---

Somepeople add Safestart to speed up cycling.

Huh. I didn't think that's what StressZyme did either.

Regardless, may have some bacteria (never sure how many are alive, depending on handling) but the cycling ones are fairly specific (Nitrospira, etc) so make sure they're listed out by name. Not sure this could replace or even uphold a beneficial bacterial colony long term if there wasn't already a good base to start. I agree, I think maturity of the biofilm matters, too. I gather fish can handle the dump-n-go cycling method, but I don't know that shrimp do well with it.

Posting same time as Soothing... Trust what he says!

Thanks Pika. :) I'll go one further though and say always question what anyone says- and if you agree, then try it. If not, search for another answer. ;)

Everyone has their own way of,doing things. Some things work for others but may not,work for you.

-Chris