Mr Aqua 12 Gallon Long Shrimp Tank Build

jahmarley420

Awesome I am going to look more into this RODI kit. That may be a while before I can get one of those but we will see. I also sent my Aqueon Pro 100w heater back in exchange for the 50w! Do you think there will be enough circulation in the tank for heat exchange? We tend to keep our house around 74 degrees Fahrenheit. 

Also, thanks for the heads up on the tank lid. I am gonna check out that polycarbonate sheet and figure out what I can come up with. Is it hard to cut?

Do those test results look ok? Is 7.6 to high for PH?

As for the Neons, I do not breed them. I have found that they do best in 76.5 -77.5, but they dont seem to be hard to keep alive.  They are just for me to watch as finish bring a sense of tranquility to the room. One of my Harlequin Rasboras is pregnant though, well so I think. She could just be fat but she has been that way for like 2 months now lol. Also, I would definitely love to breed the Galaxy Rasboras, they are amazing looking! I was thinking about adding some to my 12g but looking at green tetras now. 

Thank you.

I asked temps as was thinking of some for a 29 gallon planted and read sites with temps all over the place .

Well here she is... Waiting for the the tank to sit for awhile before adding plants. Enjoy. Also Please read at the end for my issue. I dont understand this whole RO system. So far its a waste. 

Light installed (will update in the future) Its a SunPro 12" LED

20160306_133329_zpscgnzkaqh.jpg

Borneo Wild Minerax

20160306_134014_zpsfxis0wj9.jpg

Next Laid down Borneo Wild Enlive, and Borneo Wild Bebi.

20160306_134356_zpse4jlqawh.jpg

Fluval Shrimp Substrate and Manzanita Wood installed. 

20160306_141844_zpsz0agdoqj.jpg

Added Food Dish. (Brand off ebay)

20160306_142638_zpsaj3kcmt1.jpg

Aqueon Pro 50w heater.

20160306_142814_zpslidkffyv.jpg

Borneo Wild Mineral Rocks and Almond Leave installed. 

20160306_143857_zpssxzthoyr.jpg

Cholo Wood with Anubias Nana.

20160306_145430_zpspgkhydqw.jpg

Borneo Wild Bee Ball

20160306_150225_zpsu6nse5gg.jpg

Ok here is my issue with the RO unit. Ok so when testing my water that came out of the RO unit into my jug this is the reading I got which is great!

008ppm I even got 001ppm after awhile.

20160314_234447_zpsv6u5qzeq.jpg

After adding to the aquarium this is the reading I got. 

20160314_234457_zpsnhb6lyqo.jpg

This was about 4 days ago. Now I just ran another test and I am at 75ppm??? I am so lost but I am basically worse than what comes out of my tap...

Maybe the mineral balls, mineral rock, and some of your additives raised the TDS a bit. Your TDS is still low. Depending on the shrimp you are going to keep, you need to remineralize to least TDS 100.

Also, do you have a GH/KH test kit to confirm your TDS meter readings?

Maybe the mineral balls, mineral rock, and some of your additives raised the TDS a bit. Your TDS is still low. Depending on the shrimp you are going to keep, you need to remineralize to least TDS 100.

Also, do you have a GH/KH test kit to confirm your TDS meter readings?

Bingo! Just about everything you add to your tank can change your water parameters. Things will stabilize unless there is something we cant see from your pics adding to the increase.  Have you tested your TDS pen with 342 ppm solution?