Rare Floater "Salvinia Cucullata" and red root floater Price Cut $7 for 1, $12 for 2

GreenPepper

Are there red root floaters that also have interesting tops and not looking just like frogbit from the top? I like the cuculatta and minima leaves, would be great to have consistent red roots. I got some Salvinia minima from mayphly with beautiful red roots but as he said, they only get that way in the high light he runs and my new leaves have been growing with normal pale green roots. Still pretty but slightly disappointing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, ibebian said:

Do these develop red roots (maybe under high light)?

I haven't seen any red roots coming out from mine.  I like the Cucullata, cuz they look like little cup shape, it's so unique 

9 hours ago, pronk said:

What kind of lighting does this plant need? I have a full spectrum 15 watt 8,000k t8 on my 10 gallon tank.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I end up noticed that this plant doesn't need lot of light, less light will show nicer cup shape leaves.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On February 12, 2016 at 9:54 AM, GreenPepper said:

Super rare Floater "Salvinia Cucullata " for sale!

Beautiful, Healthy shrimps' favorite floater.  it forms "cup" shape when it gets mature. 

6 cm X 6 cm 

Price Cut $6 for 1, $10 for 2

USPS priority shipping for $6.8 to nation wide. 

12747477_1574110299579780_77027615703357

12697406_1574110296246447_24663816425887

image1.JPG

Would this do well in a TB tank with low PH? This is beautiful. How long are the floater roots? 

Would this do well in a TB tank with low PH? This is beautiful. How long are the floater roots? 

Its exactly where I put them. TB love them. So far they are about an inch or 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, GreenPepper said:

Its exactly where I put them. TB love them. So far they are about an inch or 2.

Do they ship well? I have a 3G JBJ Picotope. I'm thinking I'd like some in this tank because it's a sparse tank. I've been cycling it for 3 weeks now. Here's my set up. Would this work well? 

IMG_2788.JPG

This plant doesn't need high light. Therefore, I guess it's fine. Where are u locate at? Usually I have no problem with plant melting during shipping

Do they ship well? I have a 3G JBJ Picotope. I'm thinking I'd like some in this tank because it's a sparse tank. I've been cycling it for 3 weeks now. Here's my set up. Would this work well? 

IMG_2788.JPG

I got some for my 3g marineland a while back. It looks nice and came in healthy.

7fc7200f87f8ab747efda423720b651e.jpg

3fa909840d0cc834a719e987144bc197.jpg

On June 10, 2016 at 9:18 PM, GreenPepper said:

This plant doesn't need high light. Therefore, I guess it's fine. Where are u locate at? Usually I have no problem with plant melting during shipping

I just got them today and put them in the tank! So tiny and pretty. I had to order a filter splash guard for them because they keep want to go to the spill over. For now, I draped some airline tubing to keep them away. So far it is working. I tried to dry the leaves on the ones that took a spill over tumble under water. I hope they do alright. Very pretty! Thanks! Just what the tank needed for balance. 

IMG_2915.JPG

IMG_2913.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I bought some Salvinia Cucullata around a week and a half ago and they are looking great, I'm hoping to replace most of my duckweed with them cause I'm hoping they will grow slower and they also look much nicer. Thanks a lot Green! Also duckweed for scale. 

IMG_1044.JPG

IMG_1045.JPG