Top secret tanks... shhh dont tell the wifey. .. lol

countryboy12484

Ok so here is the deal.... I want more tanks and the wife wants me to take a brake.... yeah right.... so my theory is if she comes home and they are set up and ready to go ill probably just get a dirty look... lol... this journal will be about me hiding my new tank builds... lets see if I can do this without getting busted....

Derek

Lol never understand the" take a break" reasoning. I love the spouses who try to not let then play video games. They complain all the time but there they are phone glued to their hand 24/7. Never understand it lol

-Chris

i hear ya. i wish i could have half the tanks i had in ky. just no room and hubby took the office in this house and filled it with a huge ass desk that takes up 1/2 the room and he is hardly ever in there lol. i do have a nano cube tank i plan on turning into a shrimp tank. now to just get some neo's for it

ehh for me honestly it's the cost that limits me and has the wife saying to slow down. I don't think it would be as bad if this wasn't my third plus hobby behind fishing and cars. I also try to be strict on my rule (really my rule) of any amount I I spend on a hobby, I have to allow her to spend on what she wants; It basically doubles the cost of any purchases over $30.

I am lucky though, my wife doesn't like spending money on herself. I usually have to convince her to spend money on something she likes.

Chris

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

ehh for me honestly it's the cost that limits me and has the wife saying to slow down. I don't think it would be as bad if this wasn't my third plus hobby behind fishing and cars. I also try to be strict on my rule (really my rule) of any amount I I spend on a hobby, I have to allow her to spend on what she wants; It basically doubles the cost of any purchases over $30.

I am lucky though, my wife doesn't like spending money on herself. I usually have to convince her to spend money on something she likes.

Chris

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Yea cost does slow it down a bit. I just keep the rule to not buy anything unless I buy it from profits from plants or shrimp.

-Chris

yeah im like that i dont tend to spend much on myself. i tend to get money at tax time i put back for big shrimp spree lol. been going nuts holding onto money this long waiting to get more shrimp. hubby is buying me a green dragon long fin bn for mothers day and both issues of breeders and keepers for anniversery lol. 

Yeah, buying shrimp will cost you a few bucks, for sure. Depending on what you kind you want.   lol

Well im just starting out wth shrimp really. .. so im in the negative so far... lol going to be more in the hole after I buy shrimp Thursday lol

Derek

You will be for a little bit. Just retstrain from buying anything too crazy. Do good with the ones you have. I bought a lot of different kinds quickly and ended up killing off a few due to having too,many tanks going. Just didn't have a set routine Down or know enough about them.

-Chris

Right now ive got 2 10 gallons going and when both of them are thriving ill do a bigger grow out tanks and get new shrimp or thats the plan anyway. .. im getting some splotched rillis from soothing shrimp.... probably gonna get some malawa's to put in with my fire reds and see how things go...

Derek

Right now ive got 2 10 gallons going and when both of them are thriving ill do a bigger grow out tanks and get new shrimp or thats the plan anyway. .. im getting some splotched rillis from soothing shrimp.... probably gonna get some malawa's to put in with my fire reds and see how things go...

Derek

Yep that's the way to go! And when you decide to go to like CRS or something really cycle your tank. Makes things easier when you get some. They are not hard but just need stable parameters. They are as easy as cherries if you understand how the water control works.

-Chris