Snow white shrimp

So I have a question.  If one wanted high quality opaque coverage of white snow white with no blue tint, then would you still look for blue tint- or pick without blue tint?

First the blue tint is very subtle. I like those! it gives out cool white. Want to mix those with panda. It is consider to be rare.

Yes you can choose those without the blue tint. Let say if i want cross with wine red then i would pick the one without blue tint.

So how much these shrimp usually cost? I paid like $6 each. 

Wow! Can't tell on the quality of those shrimp yet but it is a very good price that you paid.

If you want to enhance the white on CRS then using Snow White is a better choice. As you can see that the white on CBS has a high quality of white ( more pure white).

Earlier of Taiwan bee's, there was no blue bolt. During those cross-breeding time they use snow white then came the blue bolt.

Keep in mind these things i learned from my mentor, if any you think not correct please jump in. NOT THAT I HAVE DOUBT IN HIM ! LOL

So the blue bolts came from the blue you were talking about? They just kept crossing until the bolt?

-Chris

First the blue tint is very subtle. I like those! it gives out cool white. Want to mix those with panda. It is consider to be rare.

Yes you can choose those without the blue tint. Let say if i want cross with wine red then i would pick the one without blue tint.

So crossing these snow whites with let's say a panda would it increase the white? I plan on crossing OEBT x Mischling x TB. Wonder if crossing at that point would help the white color. Sorry just thinking out loud if you follow.

-Chris

I have a few Goldens that developed the blue tint around the face once they were adults. The blue didn't show when they were young.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

This probably came from parent of Snow White. Sometimes they will throw out a golden.

So crossing these snow whites with let's say a panda would it increase the white? I plan on crossing OEBT x Mischling x TB. Wonder if crossing at that point would help the white color. Sorry just thinking out loud if you follow.

-Chris

From the things i seen and info he gave me that snow white is not only improve white but the key for pattern. We can not control how the pattern going to be however we may get lucky with new pattern!

So the blue bolts came from the blue you were talking about? They just kept crossing until the bolt?

-Chris

LOL! I asked him the same question!

Actually no! The snow white used to slowly strip the black in Taiwan bee. Yes they kept on crossing until the bolt. Think of the shadow panda and snow white mix together and than wine red and snow white.

I think of it as simple as take the black color out little by little then mix the white into it.

Yea I got,it. Was wondering what kind of pattern could you get from that mix. Someone probably has done it already but I'm curious to start this project. Gotta get some OEBT shrimp to get started.

-Chris

Yea I got,it. Was wondering what kind of pattern could you get from that mix. Someone probably has done it already but I'm curious to start this project. Gotta get some OEBT shrimp to get started.

-Chris

It does not matter if people already done it before. The outcome will be different when you play with mutation (I believe!).

Also there are so many different combination with crossing.

Can not determine the pattern. It may pay off with a new pattern.

It does not matter if people already done it before. The outcome will be different when you play with mutation (I believe!).

Also there are so many different combination with crossing.

I know I really hope to find something unique and get it to breed stable. Maybe get famous in the shrimp world......hahaha right. Maybe lose some money famous lol

-Chris

I know I really hope to find something unique and get it to breed stable. Maybe get famous in the shrimp world......hahaha right. Maybe lose some money famous lol

-Chris

Hey ! You have to keep your dream alive. Think positive and the right thing will come back to you. Just don't forget all your friends in this forum when you there.

Love this forum, I loved planted tank and still go there but find myself coming here mostly. Always used to think there want many people into shrimp. Oh but I was wrong.....

-Chris

Hungle, rock on!

I do have a question though.  You said snow what was used to take out the black.  Are you replacing a layer of black underneath with whit, so you see blue bolt blue?

I know they use CWB for creating Hulks and blue jellies, so using snows for better shadows, BB or RB makes total sense!

Hungle, rock on!

I do have a question though.  You said snow what was used to take out the black.  Are you replacing a layer of black underneath with whit, so you see blue bolt blue?

I know they use CWB for creating Hulks and blue jellies, so using snows for better shadows, BB or RB makes total sense!

Yes! They used the SW to strip the black to have a differrent quality of white and a better odd of new mutation.

I started learning about shrimp almost two years before keeping them. Still there are many UNTOLD

I go to Asia a lot and seen things that nobody gave me the answer then i just keep notes and trying to figure it out by myself.

Love this forum, I loved planted tank and still go there but find myself coming here mostly. Always used to think there want many people into shrimp. Oh but I was wrong.....

-Chris

This, by far thus far, is my favorite forum.  Much more family-like here. :)

Another scenerio would be my case:

I keep Pure Japanese Line CRS. Therefore i use SW to validate PRL by :

Pair A: PRL female X SW

Pair B: PRL male X SW

If Pair A has no snow/white or golden offsprings but all red offsprings, then the female in Pair A does not has snow white/golden gene.
If Pair B has no snow/white or golden offsprings but all red offsprings, then the  male in Pair B does not has
snow white/golden gene.

It is more practical then DNA test ! LOL

Wow, alot of information way over my head... I did subscribe to this for reading once I understand more.

Chris

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Wow, alot of information way over my head... I didn't subscribe to this for reading once I understand more.

Chris

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Hey, it's always good to know what's going on. That's why forums are great you can learn years of information in a few threads. Gives you an idea on where to start.

-Chris