Snow white shrimp

I know a person who keeping SW and he told me that SW can have golden gene

You have sw and Golden! But if you cross again sw vs sw you only get sw! The red gene do not come up And you get only sw with lower quality! Why?? I dona know But it sapiens to me!

Enviado do meu GT-S7562 através de Tapatalk

I find it a little confuse here though. Have you use those lower quality of sw and breed them again to see if golden gen pop up?

I know a person who keeping SW and he told me that SW can have golden gene

I find it a little confuse here though. How you use those lower quality of sw and breed them again to see if golden gen pop up?

Let me explain to you.....I had 2 colonies 10 SW and 10Golden mixed in the same tank! They breed well! After a few time i decided to separate them! 1 Tank to SW and other to Golden! Breeding the SW again i foud that theory because i never had a golden bee in that tank again! I had some good SW and other with low quality color! So like that, reminding that is just my theory, i guess that a mix of golden and snow whites dilutes the clearance of SW!

I just made a research and i can found nothing of getting Goldens from SW!! But no problem!!! I will put 1 male Golden to 5 SW females to test this again!! I wil see if im wrong ( most certainly )!!  :thumbsu:

Hi guys,

OOT a bit. Do you guys still able to find real snow white (not golden bee) being sold by local shrimp shop or breed in your respective region?

Yes! I can find!! In Germany! I dont know if you guys had heard about Rendo-Shrimp.... I dont know if they export to the United States! I have a lot of shrimps comming from them and they are really good including the SW!! This is the link for englysh version of the website..

We can't get anymore in Japan and Asia. I'm suspecting all the breeder not selling it to prevent people from breed out good breed. It is because pure Snow White is the key to breed out nice solid white color.

Germany is too far for me, don't think the shrimp can survive such a long journey it have to pay a lot for overnight courier. :(

www.shrimpydaddy.com

We can't get anymore in Japan and Asia. I'm suspecting all the breeder not selling it to prevent people from breed out good breed. It is because pure Snow White is the key to breed out nice solid white color.

Germany is too far for me, don't think the shrimp can survive such a long journey it have to pay a lot for overnight courier. :(

www.shrimpydaddy.com

Yes, i heard about that! However we have PRL and PBL ( Pure Red Line and Pure Black Line )! If we breed PBL in a clearence mode i think we can have a really nice SW shrimp! Dont you think???

Real Snow White is like albino and they have pigment issue. Thus, they will have traces of white translucent area. For CRS, CBS or TB overbreed or crossbreed, the translucent area has hint of color and not pure white.

Not sure my explanation is clear enough.

www.shrimpydaddy.com

Hi guys,

OOT a bit. Do you guys still able to find real snow white (not golden bee) being sold by local shrimp shop or breed in your respective region?

Ok Hyoushoku! Let us hear the secret! I want to know your thinking behind the question! Got to be good!

I'm just trying to find the real reason why we can't get them here.

www.shrimpydaddy.com

I strongly believe that breeders keeping for them. Don't want others to come up with a new pattern.

So i thought you have the same thinking or not ?

But your PRL and PBL gene will be diluted and will not be having pure gene. Unless, your SW is gene mutation from PRL or PBL.

www.shrimpydaddy.com

From PRL its impossible cause SW is a gene mutation of Black Crystal! But yes its very dificult to have pure sw!!! People who has them are keeping them for themselfs!!! 

The gene will be diluted but its the way to get a really good quality SW !! I believe we can have a really nice shrimp if we breed them! They will apear after SSS! Im trying to have a colony of PRL and PBL but the price is killing me!!!!

From PRL its impossible cause SW is a gene mutation of Black Crystal! But yes its very dificult to have pure sw!!! People who has them are keeping them for themselfs!!! 

The gene will be diluted but its the way to get a really good quality SW !! I believe we can have a really nice shrimp if we breed them! They will apear after SSS! Im trying to have a colony of PRL and PBL but the price is killing me!!!!

Sorry that i am not trying to argue but more of having a better understanding here.

If Crystal Red Shrimp came from a mutation of the black bumble bee in Japan, than how can we say that Snow White is impossible of  a mutation of Crystal Black shrimp.

Sorry that i am not trying to argue but more of having a better understanding here.

If Crystal Red Shrimp came from a mutation of the black bumble bee in Japan, than how can we say that Snow White is impossible of  a mutation of Crystal Black shrimp.

I'm not saying that the SW is impossible of a mutation of Crystal Black!!! I'm saying that is impossible mutation of Crystal Red !!!

Snow White IS a mutation of Crystal Black!!

Golden Bee IS a mutation of Crystal Red!!

I'm not saying that the SW is impossible of a mutation of Crystal Black!!! I'm saying that is impossible mutation of Crystal Red !!!

Snow White IS a mutation of Crystal Black!!

Golden Bee IS a mutation of Crystal Red!!

Sorry I read your comment wrong there. However with mutation, there is no factor to govern it.

Actually, during the development of that diagram, myself and our fellow breeders in ShrimpNow forum provided part of the input to it. The creator's objective of this diagram is to provide a clean and easy view of how each variant spin-off. However, it does not tell exactly which breed it really come from. Therefore the links to the ancestor is not totally true.

For example, many years ago, I can't remember who but I think is a Germany breeder, accidentally introduced tiger shrimp gene to bee shrimp and currently, all bee shrimp has tiger gene too.

Thus, I recommend to read that diagram on the type of variants and grade but not really where it come from or how it is produce. ;)

www.shrimpydaddy.com

Actually, during the development of that diagram, myself and our fellow breeders in ShrimpNow forum provided part of the input to it. The creator's objective of this diagram is to provide a clean and easy view of how each variant spin-off. However, it does not tell exactly which breed it really come from. Therefore the links to the ancestor is not totally true.

For example, many years ago, I can't remember who but I think is a Germany breeder, accidentally introduced tiger shrimp gene to bee shrimp and currently, all bee shrimp has tiger gene too.

Thus, I recommend to read that diagram on the type of variants and grade but not really where it come from or how it is produce. ;)

www.shrimpydaddy.com

Im sorry but this information is not true!! Bee shrimps not have Tiger gene's! Think a litle be!! You are saying that we have in our tank's are Hybrids!!! The story that you have ear maybe its the apearence of Tibee Shrimps! I think, and i repeat " I THINK"  the tibees apear from an accident like you said!! I know i have read that in some place...but i really don't remember!!!

Agree with Soothing on the extra exclamation points... but willing to cut some slack as it's mid-World Cup and almost everywhere outside of the USA is probably living with exclamation-point-levels of excitement all around these days. ;) (Nice last minute goal, Portugal, but dang it would have been nice if we could have held on the last 30seconds... )