Snow white shrimp

Alexandre, I enjoy reading your posts.  However when you use so many exclamation marks, it always sounds like you are shouting. heh

Agree with Soothing on the extra exclamation points... but willing to cut some slack as it's mid-World Cup and almost everywhere outside of the USA is probably living with exclamation-point-levels of excitement all around these days. ;) (Nice last minute goal, Portugal, but dang it would have been nice if we could have held on the last 30seconds... )

Hehehehe....

I´m not Shouting...I'm just triyng to have a nice discussion on Caridinas Genetics that is a lot complex. I apologize to 

hyoushoku

if i may sound agressive. That's not my point and i just love to talk about caridinas. 

This world that we are talking about is so complex that we can be all wrong about him, but there is a lot of information that is not true in the internet, and new commers can be deceived by that. 

( Portugal is not playing football and USA deserved more)

Anyway I'm very happy with this conversation  :D  :D  :D

I´m not Shouting...I'm just triyng to have a nice discussion on Caridinas Genetics that is a lot complex. I apologize to 

hyoushoku

if i may sound agressive. That's not my point and i just love to talk about caridinas. 

No worries, mate. By the way, I'm not offended. ;) It is just weird with the exclamation marks and caps, which sounds like you shouting at the soccer match. LOL!!

You are right about the information in Internet. In the beginning of my shrimp keeping life, I was following the Internet information like a holy bible and I failed utterly. This is the reason why I bought a lot of lab grade equipment and performed countless testing and experiment (I felt sorry for those life I killed at that point of time) to find out what are facts and what are myth/marketing gimmicks.

No worries, mate. By the way, I'm not offended. ;) It is just weird with the exclamation marks and caps, which sounds like you shouting at the soccer match. LOL!!

You are right about the information in Internet. In the beginning of my shrimp keeping life, I was following the Internet information like a holy bible and I failed utterly. This is the reason why I bought a lot of lab grade equipment and performed countless testing and experiment (I felt sorry for those life I killed at that point of time) to find out what are facts and what are myth/marketing gimmicks.

Waw....love the fact that you have bought lab equipment. Did you had some special result from your investigation that you wanna share?

Back to Snow Whites i think that what we are all loking for its a way to get the most quality full white caridina! I have so many projects going around right now! But i will make a journal of a tank were i will put a colony of PBL shrimps and try to breed them selectively in the way to get the most pure white possible.

Do you think that´s a valide theory?

(Congrats to USA for entry in the Finals)

Waw....love the fact that you have bought lab equipment. Did you had some special result from your investigation that you wanna share?

Back to Snow Whites i think that what we are all loking for its a way to get the most quality full white caridina! I have so many projects going around right now! But i will make a journal of a tank were i will put a colony of PBL shrimps and try to breed them selectively in the way to get the most pure white possible.

Do you think that´s a valide theory?

(Congrats to USA for entry in the Finals)

I better don't put all my findings here, or else not just you, but there will be a dozen of people started using caps and exclamation marks. LOL!!! I usually will share these unorthodox findings in my blog or to new shrimp breeder to prevent them from learning the wrong stuffs from confusing information in the Internet.

I'm not an expert in PRL or PBL, I don't keep any CBS or CRS, thus I do not know what will be the best method. The best people keeping the PRL and PBL are the Japanese but they are extremely secretive on their method. However, I do know that they are still practicing the olden method of selective breeding, which is using picking out the elite to breed with elite of the same blood line and strengthen the gene via wild bee/tiger shrimp (using lowest denominator). This method will ensure the blood line to be pure, which is why the end result is called Pure Red Line and Pure Black Line. For the Taiwanese, they export mass amount of shrimps to the world. Thus, they need result quick. As such, they employed the newer method that is using some variant that has the closest denominator such as Snow White. However, the offspring produced will not be pure, unless they have been breeding with it's own kind that has stable gene for many generations.

• 1 month later...

Finally found one berried shrimp today, most of these shrimp have less white on them now.

Hi! I wish you the best of luck with that female. :D 

Im trying to get some snow white shrimps with excelent quality and im starting to get some results.

20140810_202847_zps0071e5d7.jpg

This is one of the last hatch. Cant wait they get bigger to know how they get. For now i can see like this one, that they have a litle shadow on his shell, however the white is really good.

What you guy´s think about that?

Finally found one berried shrimp today, most of these shrimp have less white on them now.

Looking good so far! Keep up the good work!!!

Hi! Just for remenber.....The SW shrimp is a genetic mutation of Crystal Black! You can't have SW with red gene! Those are caled Golden bee's, that is a mutation of Crystal Red!

So the SW with red gene does not exist!!!

That is something he told me to look for in Snow white.

In the future also check to see the eggs color.

If it is light blue then it had been crossed with white bee.

If it is not then they are mutation of CBS/CRS.

If the egg color is blue it just means it has been crossed with any Taiwan bee in the past. Per say it is a mischling.

Also on the blue in it, I only notice it in mischling snow whites.... I had a huge stock of snow whites that were pretty stark white and no blue ever. But in mischlings I see it often. And in this case they are not the whites, they are more opaque. Breeders in taiwan say breed these ones back to tb to deepen and sprees the blue in bb

I don't think it is just a random mutation of a crs or CBS more of it was a mischling or it's parents where

Another scenerio would be my case:

I keep Pure Japanese Line CRS. Therefore i use SW to validate PRL by :

Pair A: PRL female X SW

Pair B: PRL male X SW

If Pair A has no snow/white or golden offsprings but all red offsprings, then the female in Pair A does not has snow white/golden gene.

If Pair B has no snow/white or golden offsprings but all red offsprings, then the male in Pair B does not has snow white/golden gene.

It is more practical then DNA test ! LOL

Also on this you would have to do this over several generations of the two shrimp breeding. As there is a chance that no Snow White would happen first breed and even second . Now the third it gets some exponentially that it would let you know

Hi! Just for remenber.....The SW shrimp is a genetic mutation of Crystal Black! You can't have SW with red gene! Those are caled Golden bee's, that is a mutation of Crystal Red! 

So the SW with red gene does not exist!!!

This is not true a sw and golden same shrimp just different grade. They can come from either crs CBS. Heck the crs came from CBS all started at cbs

This is not true a sw and golden same shrimp just different grade. They can come from either crs CBS. Heck the crs came from CBS all started at cbs

Hi! I' ve heard that to....there is a lot information on the internet that can fool a lot of people that love shrimps and want to know more about them. It's really hard to filter that information and know what is true and what is false. I only write what i experience. The results i have can not be the same with other people. 

But for me is really frustrating! I never had a Golden Bee in my tanks.

Another interesting point is..if golden bee and Snow white are the same shrimp with diferent grades  why not have the same name and a scale of grading like S/SS/SSS ?

Im sory if im wrong. I dont wanna be a person who put's  false information that can fools others...

Im sory for the bad english :D Im doing my best :D  

When goldens were first introduced, I think they were grade G. (This was many years ago, so I may have the grade wrong.)  They were in very high demand as they were said to sparkle as if gold.

Later on they began to lose value as people drifted toward white more.

In other parts of the world, they have a grading system for solidness of color , not just pattern.  I believe it pertains to snows as well.

Yes when goldens first prong up they were a desired breed because like mentioned above they were to sparkle, we all know now it is just yellowing of the white. As Japan does grade snow whites like prl pbl, I can't remember the exact grading system, but will ask the breeders I talk to often

Hi!

I had found some more information and im not far from the truth.

SW and Golden same shrimp? Wrong... 

CRS only breed Golden's....Snow White are the whites of CBS...The CBS is that they can give Snow white and golden, depending on whether or not they have the red gene.

The white gene usually manifests like this: 

CRS-Golden  
CBS- Snow White 
Panda / King Kong - Blue Bolt 
Red Wine / Red Ruby - Red Bolt

Im only wrong when im saying that "We can't have SW with Red Gene", because this is possible.

best regards :D

I thought the same as well as the above and that is what was going around on shrimp now but from talking with several breeders from Taiwan and Germany they are the same shrimp. Sw golden