CRS/CBS with PRL?

shift

So I just tacked on 2 PRL on my last order and realized how much whiter the white was compared to my crystals. I have been selling my Crs to fund more PRL for the next order. Now I also have a ton of crystal blacks in the tank. If the PRL mate with a CBS. Will I still get higher quality offspring?

Currently you added PRL to an already existing Crystal Red/Black colony? Were your intentions to improve quality of shrimp or breed more PRL? The reason I ask is because if you added PRL to an existing colony of CRS/CBS then the offspring may have improved genetics but they will no longer be PRL.

Currently you added PRL to an already existing Crystal Red/Black colony? Were your intentions to improve quality of shrimp or breed more PRL? The reason I ask is because if you added PRL to an existing colony of CRS/CBS then the offspring may have improved genetics but they will no longer be PRL.

Well, to be more precise, the offspring won't be prl.  The adult prl can be moved to another tank to make more prl. :)

The cross will improve offspring coloration.  Not as low grade as they were, but not as high as prl.

The adults are still PRL. Off spring are not. My only real goal is to improve coloration of my shrimp. I have to many to start fresh (at least 60 CBS and a handful of Crs).

And I'm trying to do it all in a single tank

Get a breeder box(large marina ~$14) and selectively breed your best looking CRS shrimp with the PRL. That way you have some control over the quality the CRS produced.

Hmmm I'll see what I can find that will look good on the tank It's on my work desk so has to still look good

I sold a bunch of my Crs yesterday and have someone buying s few more in a week or two. Then I'm offering 12 more PRL to spice up the colony. Otherwise I'll try and cull more of the not solid CBS. End of the day I just like solid white in either red or black. Not overly worried about the number of brands. I have a few buried CBS now so see what we get soon :)

I could always put a few PRL. In the breederbox to try and ensure I have at least a chunk of high quality babies

Hmmm I'll see what I can find that will look good on the tank It's on my work desk so has to still look good

I sold a bunch of my Crs yesterday and have someone buying s few more in a week or two. Then I'm offering 12 more PRL to spice up the colony. Otherwise I'll try and cull more of the not solid CBS. End of the day I just like solid white in either red or black. Not overly worried about the number of brands. I have a few buried CBS now so see what we get soon :)

I could always put a few PRL. In the breederbox to try and ensure I have at least a chunk of high quality babies

Get some PBL's too to get your CBS going.