Black painted wall

Hey Mike, we didn't paint the backs of our tanks, but painted the wall behind them a smoky blue. It works great for most of them. When we did do a tank back, we used black with black sand and quartz crystals for a white cray tank. Was kinda cool.

Thank You all for the comments.  Since I'm not the only one that enjoys my tanks, I'll try a couple of black backs and substrate.  But I think I'll also put an old piece of painted paneling behind the area. (thanks Wyggles).  Just not quite sure which color.  You Guys and Gals Rock !

• 1 month later...

If you aren't keen on painting the tank or the wall, you can use an aquarium background! I got mine here:

http://www.bigalspets.ca/black-blue-reversible-background-32.html

If you go to my journal page, you'll see it on my tank and my pictures. I was about to use good ol' bristol board, but realized it needed to be laminated to avoid water damage. The black background makes most of the shrimp colours pop out, except for the black pandas and king kongs...