Shrimp Molt With A Side Of Eggs

So one of my tb's thought it would be a great idea to molt while carrying eggs. Realy I don't think she had a choice. But I managed to save 3 of the eggs. I made an egg hatcher out of a soda bottle, some mesh, filter floss and an air stone. I removed as much of the molt as possible without damaging the eggs. Hopefully they'll hatch.One of the eggs looks like it has a third eye! OOOHHHH scary! :blink: :blink: :blink:

post-89-0-83831700-1402100378_thumb.jpg

post-89-0-81863800-1402100488_thumb.jpg

post-89-0-02396600-1402100534_thumb.jpg

Wow, I hope that works for you.

I made the egg hatcher a few months back and never had a chance to use it until now. I hope it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Nothing to loose and a whole lot of experience to gain.

Make sure a lot of aeration!

I seen it happened ! Hopefully it will work for you

I used a piece of uplift tube from an extra sponge filter, some nylon for the bottom, and an airline tube. The eggs never settled, always bubbling around in the current.

I used a piece of uplift tube from an extra sponge filter, some nylon for the bottom, and an airline tube. The eggs never settled, always bubbling around in the current.

+1

I got 11 tb back in March and they have been breeding non stop since May. The females have given birth once already and all are curently berried for their second time.  Some of the females were berried again 24 hrs after giving birth. I have been blessed by the shrimp gods! lol! :rock: :rock: :rock:

Haha!! I just saw these new emoji guys! Good stuff!

I got 11 tb back in March and they have been breeding non stop since May. The females have given birth once already and all are curently berried for their second time.  Some of the females were berried again 24 hrs after giving birth. I have been blessed by the shrimp gods! lol! :rock: :rock: :rock:

Haha!! I just saw these new emoji guys! Good stuff!

That is wonderful!

The reason i asked the parameters and temp that TB eggs taking extra time to hatch. Don't know if anything change to make molting before eggs fully developed....

It's possible the eggs are duds since there were new babies already running around before I found the eggs. I found the molt the same day I did a water change.

• 3 weeks later...

This morning one of the eggs hatched. :D

It looks like a baby bb. The other two eggs look like duds. I'll leave them in for another week and see if anything becomes of them